Chapter 24

The reception went really well! Everyone enjoyed all eight courses and the dessert bar we had set up. Lucas and I ate at the head table with his family, Adaline because she has always been my mother figure, and Dom and Jorgie.

I introduced Lucas to Justin. Lets just say that didn't go over to well...

"Lucas this is Justin, Aella's mate! Justin was my only real friend at my old pack. He helped protect me from Jordan and helped me with chores when he could. Without him I don't think I would still be here."

Now I think everything would have been okay if I didn't do what I did next.

I hugged him.

Yup.

I full on hugged him.

Now some would find this as a friendly gesture and would see it as a harmless thing between friends.

Not Lucas.

Nope. 

Definitely not what he saw.

Lucas saw a threat in Justin and I's hug.

As soon as Justin wrapped his arms around me I was forcefully pulled away and wrapped in Lucas arms. His entire body screamed anger as he was visibly shaking. I tilted my head up and caught sight of Lucas' eyes swirling with black. His arms tightened around me, rooting me in place.

"Lucas. Hey look at me. Lucas, look at me."

The second his eyes locked on mine the darkness clouding them cleared away. His body visibly relaxed and his hold on me loosed ever so slightly.

"Mine."

"Yes Lucas. Yours."

Lucas buries his head into my neck and places a kiss onto my mark, causing a shiver of pleasure to shoot down my spine.

I look back to Justin with a small smile on my face. He had Aella in his arms the same way Lucas had me.  Aella had a peaceful look on her face and a large grin was adorning on Justin's.

"Justin. Aella. I'm sorry for this. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings Aella for hugging Justin. He's always been like my big brother. I meant nothing by it. Justin, it was good to see you but Lucas and I need to go meet a few more pack members. Enjoy the rest of your night."

"Nice to meet you Justin. I apologize for my behavior. Just don't touch my mate again. Understood?"

"Yes Alpha."

"Good."

Aella and Justin went back to their table as Lucas and I just stood in place. 

"You didn't have to worry Lucas."

"How could I not? Yes I maybe got a little jealous but I can't help it. You in another males arms angered not just me, but Soren too. Forgive me?"

"Your always forgiven."

"Good."

Lucas and I walked around, making small conversation with different pack members. Everyone was so cheerful that it was near impossible to keep a ridiculous smile off my face.

Lucas stood next to me with his arm around my waist or stood behind me with his head nestled into my neck as I conversed.

"Would the Alpha King and Luna Queen please make their way to the dance floor for their first dance as King and Queen?"

My eyes pop open to large disks.

"I didn't plan this."

Lucas just chuckles as he leads me to the center of the floor.