05. SAFE TRAVELS

CHAPTER FIVE
[SAFE TRAVELS]

A knock sounded through the door of the library and Molly looks up from her book as Damon walks in

"What's up?" Molly asks, shutting the book.

"She's doing the spell." Damon says, setting the bottle he was drinking out of on the desk beside him.

Molly perks up. "Seriously?"

He nods. "All it took was Kai to threaten her a little bit more." He raises his eyebrows. "We don't have to worry about him." Damon begins. "As soon as we're out of here he's not going to be much of a problem."

Molly narrows her eyebrows at Damon in confusion. "What does that mean?" She asks. "You're not gonna kill him, are you?"

"If I don't he'll kill an entire coven." Damon leans against the desk and crosses his arms.

"If you do it'll make you just as bad as him." Molly says.

"Oh boohoo." Damon rolls his eyes.

"Seriously, Damon." Molly responds. "There are better ways to handle him. I'm sure his coven can put him right back into this place."

"Whatever." Damon says. Molly clenched her jaw and tried to keep to herself. "Either way, we're getting out of here." Damon says. "Tomorrow."

"You know there's a very probable chance you're digging your own grave." Bonnie says as she sits on a mound of dirt. Damon has been digging in the same pile of dirt for almost an hour now.
Kai told them that the only way to get the Ascendant to work is to use it in the cave Damon was digging towards.

"This would go a lot faster if you guys picked up a shovel." Damon sighs.

"I'll pass." Molly says as she leans up against a tree, sun on her face. She jumped at the sound of the shovel hitting something hard, and sat up.

"Looks like I got back just in time." Kai smiles, as he walks towards them. Molly rolls her eyes at the sound of his voice, and Damon speeds out of the hole he dug to grab the backpack off of Kai's shoulders.

"Zima, grunge, every Alex Rodriquez rookie card known to man. And a pager? Really?" Damon says, shuffling through Kai's backpack. "These were the important supplies you needed to get?"

"Five-five-five-hi-Kai. No way I'm giving those digits up." Kai scoffs. "Look, the future sounds great. I'm super excited about the internet. But 1994 has been my home for most of my life and I wouldn't want to get homesick." Kai says. "So, lets get down there—"

"No." Bonnie interrupts, standing up and walking towards him. Molly narrows her eyebrows at her. "We are not going anywhere until you show me the spell."