two

"Right then, let's get started on the paperwork. We want to have you matched with someone as quickly as possible" Graces slender fingers slide the clipboard she had brought out earlier across the desk in front of us. I reach over and take the clipboard, clicking the pen attached to it before filling in the mandatory questions.

N A M E

D A T E  O F  B I R T H

A D D R E S S

H E I G H T

W E I G H T

O C C U P A T I O N

E Y E  C O L O U R

H A I R  C O L O U R

From there the questions get a little bit more personal:

Do you take any recreational drugs?

Tattoos/Piercings?

Number of sexual partners?

Have you lost your virginity?

Do you drink alcohol excessively?

I scribble my answers down on the form as Heather rejoices in telling Grace about her latest date with Brad. Apparently his next date sounds quite grand.

"Next weekend he's taking me on his boat, I can't tell you the last time I was on a boat!" Heather squeals with delight as Grace grins, taking a sip of her tea she had brought in by her assistant.

"It's such a beautiful time for it now. Have you finished with that yet Elena?" I nod my head and hand Grace back the forms, who gives them a quick scan before raising her left eyebrow.

"You're still a virgin?" She asks me quizzically. I nod my head, it's just never happened for me. Guys don't really take an interest in me, I'm sort of invisible to them. Even Heather beside me is surprised, I look at her and observe her open mouthed expression. Grace hums.

"That's a good thing Elena, you'll make nearly double what other girls do because of it" Grace flicks back over to the front page and looks at her computer monitor. "All that's left to do is your photos and your measurements. We might as well do them now while I have you here" she stands and gestures for me to stand too.

"Stand over there" she points to a spot by the large window against a plain white wall and I stand in front of it, quickly running my fingers through my hair. I watch as Grace takes out a Polaroid camera and waits for me to stop moving before she takes a photo; whilst waiting for it to print off she directs me further.

"Now smile" I swallow the residual lump that still resides in my throat and smile widely. I've always been told that I have a nice smile but I still feel self conscious about it. When that one prints she takes a few steps back and takes one more before putting the camera back in the drawer.

I stay in the same position as Grace takes out a string of measuring tape and crosses the floor over to me. Standing perfectly still as instructed as Grace stretches the tape across the different areas of my body, noting down numbers on a notepad as she goes.

"Perfect, we're all done. I'll put your profile together this afternoon and will start looking for your match" Grace places the tape back into her drawer and smiles. Heather claps her hands excitedly and stands up, giving my hand a squeeze before walking around the table to give Grace a hug.

When they've finished their hug, Grace envelops me in a gentle hug and kisses me on both cheeks. "I'll be in touch soon darling" I mumble my thanks to her and collect my things, wandering back down the hallway with Heather and into the elevator. It's only then that the situation completely dawns on me. What the fuck have I done?