Chapter Five: Influence - Back

Chloe's POV

I get home and I immediately throw myself into Izz's arms.

'Oh my god! Clo! What happened? Why are you crying!'

'Everything was perfect! And then it was gone!' I sob.

'What do you mean gone?'

'Yesterday, Ni and I went out and then he took me to a studio and we were alone and he was playing the piano and teaching me, and then we had a moment and we kissed and everything was perfect.'

'That's great! But I don't get it, why are you crying?'

'This morning. When I woke up in my room, I went to knock on his but there wasn't anyone. I checked my phone to text him, I found a text from him that something came up and he already left. And when I tried calling him he was out of reach! Izz, he hates me! We kissed and I ruined everything! I shouldn't have gotten involved with him!'

'Clo calm down!' She leads me to the sofa and lets me cry my eyes out as she hugs me tightly. 'It's gonna be okay. I'm sure he had a reason. He wouldn't leave you out of the blue just like that!'

'Where is he then?'

'I'm sorry sweetie. I wish I knew the answer. I'm sure he's fine and he doesn't hate you. If anything he loves you so much! But you know how demanding his job can get! I'm sure there was a last minute thing he needed to attend.'

'I guess.'

'What do you want? Junk food, Ice Cream, movies, drinks or should I call the girls over?'

'All of the above!'

'Alright. It's gonna be okay Clo. I know it will.'

'Thank you.'

Niall's POV

I feel bad for leaving her like this. I shouldn't have done this. I couldn't get myself to sleep, I couldn't stop my mind from thinking. I couldn't stop the poisoning thoughts. I hate myself. I thought if I left I'd save her some pain. But for all I know, the moment she wakes up and realises I'm gone... I can't even imagine what she'd feel like. Mad? Betrayed? Hurt? Sad? I don't know. She'll hate me forever. I've been driving all the way to Dublin. Driving somehow is calming me down. I'll just catch a flight back to London from there.

I am such an idiot! Why did I leave like that? We had a perfect moment. Why did I freak out? You know what. It was a perfect moment. Let's just preserve that. If we let it go any further, things will fall apart and the memory of this moment will be tarnished. No, it's good. I left so that it wouldn't get ruined. I did a good thing. I ditched her. that doesn't sound good. She'll hate me forever. Who the hell does this! I ditched her! 

Well, if she hates me, that means she doesn't love me. So I won't hurt her. And she'll be okay. Yeah. That's good. If she hates me then I won't end up hurting her like I ... Yeah, let's not go there, mate. I'm going through enough here. I don't need to reminisce the mistakes I did a year ago.

I get to the airport, get a ticket for the first flight to London. But just before I turn my phone off, checking the clock, 6:20 AM, she's probably still sleeping. I'll leave her a message. It's common decency.

'Hey, Clo. I'm so sorry, but something came up and I had to get to London earlier than I thought. Everything is okay though, so don't worry. Also, I took care of everything so you don't have to. Have a safe flight. Bye.'

Hopefully, she won't be too mad.

Finally, I get home, I catch up on some sleep since I stayed awake all night. I wake up around 4 PM, order some food, and just as I'm about to start eating, someone knocks on the door.