Chapter 13

"She'll make you curse, but she a blessingShe'll rip your shirt within a secondYou'll be coming back, back for secondsWith your plate, you just can't help itNo, no, you'll play along, let her lead you on, on, onYou'll be saying, "No, no," then say...

She'll rip your shirt within a second
You'll be coming back, back for seconds
With your plate, you just can't help it
No, no, you'll play along, let her lead you on, on, on
You'll be saying, "No, no," then saying, "Yes, yes, yes."
'Cause she messin' with your head."

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

Sitting beside my mother in my father's office, we watched silently as he paced back and forth. Zachary and Ivory stood next to us, Zach looking furious with his arms crossed and Ivory looking petrified as she watched my father's every move. He stopped walking and looked out of his window. He cracked his neck to the side and sighed heavily.

" Zachary take your sister to her room. " He said, and I already had a feeling of what was going to happen. Zach grabbed Ivory's hand and practically dragged her out of the room as soft as he could and closed the door in the process. I gulped softly as he let out a dark chuckle.

" He's playing me.. He's got people in the fucking back of everything I'm doing, and now he's trying to become a part of my fucking company. " He paused for a moment, and I thought about saying something, but I yelped in place of it as he threw one of the chairs into the corner, effectively breaking it and I latched onto my mother's hand as a reflex. She sat unbothered as she watched him but put her other hand over mine to comfort me somewhat.

" Killian... relax. " She said, and he ran his fingers through his hair as he glanced at my face for a moment and walked to his desk chair. A few moments went by, and the door opened with my brother and my uncle Blaine and Shin coming in as well.

" I don't know how the fucker did it, but he has 75% of the shares in our real estate agency, and if we do anything too irrational right now, it may go under. It'll take months to get it back where it used to be, and that's counting out all of the press the media will try to cover with the topic. " Uncle Blaine explained, and my father sighed heavily.

" How the hell did this happen? "

" .. When Pine Industries proposed made the proposal to partner with the company, we were unaware that Calvin's associate, Andrew Crawford, had an affiliation with them and the majority of the money from the investors they so speak of comes from Calvin. " Uncle Shin explained, and my father put a smile on his face, a menacing one at that.