XVI. GONE GIRL

ლ

"SO, UH, WOULD YOU WANNA, uh... would you wanna ride with me?" Daryl asked Remmi as they looked at one another.

Remmi has thought it was cute how he was stammering to get that simple sentence out.

You think that was cute? That? She shook her head as Derek's voice rang through. She hadn't heard that voice in a while. Remmi had been distracted.

"Yeah, sure." She told him, smiling a bit.

The first thought that came to Daryl's mind was the pact he made with himself. To stay away from Remmi. It wasn't going well.

Eventually, the group had been on the road again. Remmi had slipped her shoes off and had her feet outside the window.

In that moment, Daryl Dixon has wished for a camera.

"You got any CD's in here?" She asked him.

Daryl nodded, "Check the glovebox,"

Remmi did as told and grabbed the stack of CD's.

"Nirvana, The Beatles... Got a good selection— You have Celine Dion!?"

"What? That-That's not mine!" Daryl quickly defended himself as Remmi just laughed at the man.

Instinctively Remmi bit her lip. Daryl just watched her. He couldn't help but look at the young woman. He didn't like what was happening. The knots he felt in his stomach whenever she was around. He knew Merle would be calling him a wuss if he knew what he felt for the girl.

The way her brown hair was fading into the blonde. Or how she bit down on her rose colored lips. Or when she was nervous she would play with her fingers. To him, everything about her was mesmerizing. But still, his eyes never left her.

"Daryl!" All of a sudden the truck came to a quick stop. Ahead of them was Shane's Jeep stopped in the caravan. He was inches away from rear ending the vehicle.

Remmi just looked at Daryl, surprised at how unfocused he seemed. "Maybe I should drive next time," She laughed lightly.

"Yeah," Daryl breathed out, "Maybe."

Remmi quickly slipped her boots on before following Daryl to the front where everyone stood.

"Why'd we stop?" Andrew asked.

"We're low on gas," Rick announced. "Having too many vehicles isn't good either."

"We'll keep the RV, the station wagon and the Sedan. Is that good with everyone?" Shane announced. Everyone nodded in agreement with the plan.