thirty six

CHAPTER THIRTY SIXTOGETHER AGAIN

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
TOGETHER AGAIN

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

"So if Loki was said to be dead, then why is he very much alive?" Natasha asked as they stood around a table, having put Antares back down for a nap after she had cried out the remainder of her energy

"So if Loki was said to be dead, then why is he very much alive?" Natasha asked as they stood around a table, having put Antares back down for a nap after she had cried out the remainder of her energy. Everyone was highly confused, Loki was heartbroken.

"Antares isn't what we call an Enhanced. Her brother was, but there's something living inside of her, it's eating her up from the inside out. I had only been told stories about such things, I never thought it to be true." Loki spoke from his spot in the corner of the room, them having earlier used the word enhanced when explaining the woman's brother and another lady named Wanda. Loki having never meet the two previous, having only met Wanda today.

"What's living inside of her?" Nat asked, worried for her friend, the idea of something killing Antares slowly was horrifying, she was like a sister to her.

"What, like a parasite?" Sam added.

"It's called the Phoenix Force, it's a strong entity that contains many powers and can overtake its host and make them do as they wish." Loki explained, trying to remember as much of the stories as possible, though he had t remembered much due to believing it was a make believe story. "They latch onto a living body and use it for their own needs. It's not here to help Antares, but use her."

"So, that's not Antares but the Phoenix Force?" Sam added.

"No, it's Antares. But it has taken over her body before, when we were fighting Hella." Bruce spoke up. He barely remembered what had happened since it had been Hulk whom had seen everything transpire, however he remembered snipets. The image of the girl on fire and the sound of her aganising screams ripples through his mind like a distant memory, but it was still here.

Loki sighed, brushing his hands down his face as he shuffled around. The image of what little he had seen from the throne room echoed through his head and couldn't help but blame himself. He was the one whom sent his father away to die and in doing so, he brought back his sister. The other Avengers giving him wary looks as they kept their distance.