forty one

CHAPTER FORTY-ONETHE END

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
THE END

[ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR ]

The air seemed still, quiet

The air seemed still, quiet. There was nothing left to fight as the monsters retreat, but Antares knew that was too good to be true. She found herself coming up beside Thor, Rocket and Groot.

"Thor." She smiled, gently touching his bicep to pull his attention away from the sky. She was so happy to see him and he was so happy to see her alive. He quickly pulled her in for a bone crushing hug.

"Antares, you're alive!" He called.

"I am, and so is Loki." She smiled with a small nod, Thor's mouth opened and closed as if he was lost for words before he finally breathed out a,

"How?"

"Well, it's hard to know for sure... but I think I revived him?" She smiled, seeing the tears in his eye, the other was glassy and a slight shade of green. "Where'd you get the new eye from?"

"The rabbit gave it too me." He answered, using his new axe to point towards Rocket, Antares laughing at the nick name and lack of rebuttals from the enhanced animal who only snarled slightly.

"The rabbit," She whispered out through her laughs, "Hey, Rocket."

"Yeah, yeah. Very funny. It's good to see you, Antares." He rolled his eyes.

"I am Groot." Came a small tree around the same hight as Thor, he looked different to when they last met.

"Groot, you're... small." She answered, unease in her voice at what to say.

"Long story." Rocket laughed out.

"Well, it's good to see you all." She smiled nodding before Steve's voice cut them off.

"Everyone on my position, we have incoming."

The air lost its stillness and a rustle came from the tree line. Then an earie silence filled the air followed by heavy footsteps.

He was here.

"Cap, that's him." Bruce breathed out.

"Eyes up, stay sharp." Cap ordered.

"Well, we've got a bone to pick." Antares said. "For Loki."

"For Loki." He nodded in agreement.

The three ran into the trees, ready to fight for their family and the ones they love, finding Loki by Bruce and Steve's side ready to fight, though Antares could tell he was scared of what was to come. Thor hung back to get rid of the rest of the evacuating ships, that being one of his main priorities as he knew that everyone else would be fighting Thanos, he would get there in enough time.

Antares fought, trying her hardest but they seemed no match for Thanos. The Titan having almost completed his search. Antares nodded to Loki, sending him a small smile as he fought, Antares staying by Wanda's side to protect her and visions stone.

"Ah, So you didn't die after all." Thanos laughed as he faced off Loki. "I thought I got rid of the rat once and for all."

Antares quickly put as much Force into her abilities as she possibly could to push Thanos away from Loki but she was too late as he sent Loki flying, Antares being the last thing between Vision and Wanda.

"Ah, I see the great power within you, young child." He laughed, "Too bad you're no match for infinity stones."

"How about two great powers." Wanda snapped, she joins the girls side to fight, Antares almost letting go of her sanity to gain her full potential, though she had to be careful not to fully let go. Though once Wanda broke the stone, Thanos was quick to use the stones to push the two woman away and reverse time to make the stone whole again, quickly taking it and placing it to his gauntlet.

That was when Thor made an appearance, all lightning, throwing his axe into thanos' stomach and pushing it in. A scream of pain let out of the Titans lips before we whispered out, "You should've gone for the head." He pulled up his arm and snapped his fingers together a bright light shone and the gauntlet burnt to char, him disappearing in that moment.

"Where'd he go? Where did he go?" Steve asked as he stood from the ground and looked around. Thor shaking his head.

"Steve?" Bucky asked, looking at his hands as they turned to dust, falling to the ground as nothing more than a pile of dust.

"Antares! Antares!" Loki called as he got to his feet, emidiantly running towards the girl. She sat up and looked to Wanda as she mourned her loved one, watching as the Scarlet Witch accepted her defeat, turning to dust.

"Loki!" She called out, she was scared and sandend by their loss, and there was something that didn't feel right inside of her. Something within her twitched and ached she felt her breathing become uneasy, getting caught in her throat as her eyes welled with tears. She quickly stood to her feet as Loki approached her, his eyes frozen to her hands as he froze in place, a look of worry filling his features. She looked down at her hands which slowly turned to dust.

"Antares! Antares no! Not you," Loki breathed out grabbing the girl as she fell into his arms, "No!" He called out tears burning his eyes, he couldn't lose her. He just couldn't.

"Loki... I- I love you." She breathed out, having spoken the words she wished he had told her earlier in the day. "Please, remember who you are, be the brother to Thor you always wanted. Love yourself the way I love you."

"Antares, I love you." He cried as her body turned to dust in his arms, he fell to his knees and let out a cry, Thor coming to his brothers side and resting a reassuring had on his shoulder as he looked down to his brother.

"Oh god." Steve whispered out as he fell to the ground by Visions blackened body, they lost. They really lost the battle. Half the universe was going to be killed. They were all gone.

"What have we done."

A.N
This chapter was sloppy, but enjoy the pain and torment :)

NThis chapter was sloppy, but enjoy the pain and torment :)