Chapter 1.

"Hey look , this year again this ugly girl is in our class", one girl told to her friend while looking at Diya.

"She doesn't even have shame, if I would have been in her place I would have told my parents that I am not interested in studies and would have sat at home rather then showing my ugly face to other fellow students and getting embarrassed in front of them", other girl told to her friend.

12 years old Diya was silently listening to all this but didn't reply back as it is not new to her. Wherever she goes people always talk about her dark colour and make fun of her. Though she is a child but a very strong child by heart . She is determine to study so that she can make her parents proud who always feel that she is a black vomen in there life.

Diya went and occupied her seat in the class and opened her book and start reading ,unaffected by the people who are laughing at her and making fun of her.

Soon the teacher entered the class and new year in school started. Like every year even this year no one is interested to talk to Diya or include her in their group or to make her their friend. Not even a single student in her class talked to her nor they would share their food with her.

Soon the day at school came to an end and Diya started walking towards her home which is half  kilometer away from school. It is raining heavily and this small kid is holding her umbrella in one hand and her tiffin bag in another hand with a heavy bag full of books on her back. Taking slow steps Diya reached her home after half an hour.

Her mom opened the door and allowed her to come inside. Her sister is watching t.v while sitting on the couch.

"Mom , dad left his credit cards here", Harshita said to her mom.

"Keep it in the side drawer of my cupboard", Payal screamed from the kitchen.

"Dad cane home now?",asked a confused Diya.

"Actually he came to pick me up from school , as my van uncle didn't come today", Harshita told Diya and went to her parents room.

Dad didn't come to pick me up from school which is far away from home but he went to pick Diya whose school is just 10 minutes away then she remembered today mornings discussion.

"Dad can you please come to pick me up from school as i will be having bag full of books and may be it will even rain today I think?", asked Diya.

"I won't be free and  secondly you have umbrella so take it and go. I can't come to pick you up",Laksh said and went away from there.

Diya felt bad as her father went to pick her younger sister but didn't come to pick her up. She went to her room and got changed in her casual clothes.

After having her lunch when she went to keep her dish in the sink she got confused by looking at the vessels.

"Mom today Sujata aunty ( who is maid in their house) is not coming?", asked Diya.

"I removed her from the job", Payal said looking at her.

"Why mom ? Then how will you do all this work alone?", asked Diya.

"Who said I will do all this work?", Payal said with a crooked smile on her face.

"Then who is going to do all this work ? You have kept someone else for this work?",asked a confused Diya.

"No baby ,from today onwards all this work is going to be done by you", Payal replied with a sweet but a cunning smile.

"What?",shouted Diya.