◇20◇

🌌Chapter 20🌌

🌌Chapter 20🌌

JOHN'S DAD LEFT the very next day. John and Y/N went to school as usual and went to say goodbye to his dad that night. Nothing out of the ordinary happened at school, so the author didn't feel like doing a whole scene for it.

"You sure you have everything dad?" John asked apprehensively.

"Yeah, I packed light." He assured. The taxi cab was waiting next to him.

John joked, "C'mon you flew all the way here just to spend one night?"

The older Doe scared his head while explaining, "Yeah, well I'm working on a ton of projects right now, so my editor won't let me leave for long. I just came to check up on you. Make sure you don't do anything crazy."

"You still don't trust-"

"Nope."

He clicked his tongue and shot finger guns at the two girls beside John, "But I'm happy I can always count on Y/N and Sera." The two females returned the gesture with winks.

John sweatdropped, "B-but you guys have only known each other for one day-"

"Aw, you kids are too much! Let's have a group hug!" He pulled the three in with slightly teary eyes, making John groan in embarrassment. Y/N only chuckled at the behavior. They all pulled away after a few seconds and William patted his son's back caringly.

"Take care kids!"

And with that, he was gone.

-

"Phew!" Finally finished the assignment!" John breathed in relief and satisfaction.

Y/N, Sera, and John were in the boy's apartment all lying on couches while doing whatever. The heterochromatic girl decided to stay another night at John's place since her landlord had called her to tell her that the water situation wasn't fixed yet. It didn't bother her too much since she was honestly too tired at this point to care about anything anymore.

"Want me to look it over?" Seraphina suggested, glancing up from her screen.

John was quick to reply, "Nope. Nope. Nope. Out of sight, out of mind."

Y/N snickered, "Was it that bad?"

Instead of answering, he only shivered, giving Y/N an idea of what he would've said.

"Oh yeah," Y/N remembered, proping her leg on the couch leg. Turning to Seraphina, she asked, "Tomorrow's the last day of your suspension right? You excited to go back?"

"No." It was an immediate reply.

"Oof." The H/C girl never related more.

"I can already anticipate what will happen." A shadow of dread casted over her face. "The moment I step into the building my suspension will be everyone's topic for the whole month. Everyone talking about me..just like old times. Such a drag." She rolled her eyes. "It would've been better if I had gotten expelled. Then I could just do what I want."