Part 6: Save Me.

1976

It was a typical day for Jennie. She had met up with her fellow cheerleaders that morning, grabbed her books from her locker and headed to class.

"Are you going to the drive in tonight? I heard they're showing The Shining." Rosé grins.

Jennie shivered. "I heard that movie's scary." She frowned.

"Then don't go alone. I'm sure there are plenty of guys willing to take you." Rosé suggests.

"I'd rather be at home than sit through another round of boys pretending to yawn just so they can put their arm behind me." Jennie rolls her eyes making Rosé laugh.

"Oh guess what? Lisa totally..."

Jennie started to zone out when someone over Rosé's shoulder caught her attention. As far as Jennie knew, the girl was a new student who had flunked out the first time. Or thats what she was told.

She seemed to notice the way Jennie was staring cause she sent her a smug smirk, shaking her head lightly when Jennie smiled back.

"And so we totally made out!" Rosé finishes her story.

"Oh my god no way," Jennie chimes in.

"Yes way!" Rosé smiles excitedly.

After class Jennie told Rosé to go ahead without her saying they would catch up. She waited by the door until the new student came out.

"Hey," She said giving Jennie a nod.

"Oh hey," Jennie smiled twirling her finger around her high pony.

"I should tell you that your staring in class is getting out of hand." The girl teases.

"Oh uh...I wasn't staring." Jennie denies. "I was just—"

"Lie all you want. I won't believe you." She  smirks.

"I'm Jennie Kim," Jennie offers a hand.

"I know who you are." She nods with a smile.

"You do?"

"Of course. Head cheerleader. Prom Queen. And of course, Class president. Is there anything you don't do?"

"I like to keep myself busy." Jennie shrugs.

"A busy girl like you wouldn't happen to have time for a date Friday night would she?"

Jennie blushes. "It depends on who's asking."

"That weird computer nerd with the brown suspenders you know him? I heard hes real interested." The girl says jokingly.

"Well as amazing as that sounds I'm not sure we'd be a good match." Jennie plays along subtly batting her eye lashes.

"Hm. How about me then?"

"Pick me up at 7?" Jennie grins.

"Not a minute later." She grins. "Hey, Who's that guy? He's been watching us for awhile now." She nods behind Jennie.

Turning around Jennie huffs. "That's Tae. He's this weirdo that likes to stalk me. I swear I've never seen him wear anything but that black sweater. Isn't it gross to wear the same clothes everyday?"

"He stalks you?" She questions.

"Yeah, all the time. I swear everywhere I look he's just lurking around the corner." Jennie groans.

"Well, so long as I'm here I'll keep him away from you."

•••
Present Day
1:45 am.