Book 2 ~ Chapter 7

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

Later that day, Mako and I headed for the Asami's warehouse to help load in the fake shipments onto Varrick's boat. It was almost sun down, and we were inside with Asami, as we were observing two mechatanks lifting the crate. The room was filled with so many mechatanks, which was more than the one I saw when Amon took over before.

"The ship is loaded with the dummy crates, let's get this operation going," Asami said, as she had a hand in her waist.

"Not yet, we need some extra man power," Mako said.

"What about Korra? We need some muscle from the Avatar," Asami suggested, I tensed, and I could tell Mako tensed as well.

"She can help if she wants to. In fact, she can do whatever she wants, for all I care," I mumbled the last sentence, Asami looked at me.

"Yeah, Korra's out of town," Mako said.

"Did something happen between you three?" Asami asked curiously.

"Forget about Korra, I'm gonna go get Bolin," Mako said as he ran off. Asami looked at me.

"Wanna have some girl time while he gets Bolin?" Asami asked, I smiled.

"I think I need some of that," I said, as we made our way out of the warehouse.

Asami and I went into the city, and did a couple of activities. We went to a small restaurant selling these great dumplings. We wanted to get desert, so we headed for the ice cream shop we visited to before when we were all together with Team Avatar. I got the same thing as I did before. When we finished our desert, we made our way to meet up with Mako in his apartment.

"We haven't really spoken much since I arrived," I said, as I looked at Asami.

"Yeah, I've been really busy trying to earn money for Future Industries lately," Asami sighed.

"Well, how is that going?" I asked.

"Slow, even slower now that the boat with my shipment was attacked," Asami said.

"Don't worry, Asami, we'll find out who's behind this," I said, as I put my hand on her shoulder to reassure her.

"At least, Varrick was kind enough to lend me one of his ships even though it was attacked," Asami said, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Varrick? That crazy north water tribe guy?" I said, Asami nodded.

"He's not that crazy, he's just colorful," Asami said, I chuckled.

"Whatever you say," I said, as we kept walking.

We were near Mako's apartment building, it was just down the street. There weren't a lot of people in the streets, so it was easy for Asami and I to walk through the sidewalk. It was silent for a few moments until Asami broke it.

"So, a job as a police beat cop?" Asami said, I smiled.

"I didn't really like the idea of going back to Republic City just to get a new job, but it's pretty fun, and plus I get to work with Mako," I said.

"At least you're having fun with your job. I never knew how hard it was to run a business," Asami sighed.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, Asami, you'll get the hang of it sooner or later," I said.

"Thanks, Lei," Asami said, as we stopped in front of Mako's building.

A few moments later, Mako came out of the building looking more frustrated than he has ever been this past week.

"Where's Bolin?" I asked, when I noticed he didn't come out of the building.

"He's busy," Mako said plainly, and started walking ahead of Asami and I.

Asami and I exchanged looks, and followed behind him. He was walking fast, and we didn't have any idea where we were following him to.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously, as we turned a corner.

"Since Bolin can't come with us, we need more man power and I know exactly where to find some," Mako said.

I couldn't help but feel an uneasy feeling in my gut. Asami and I silently followed Mako, as we made turns and long roads, until we started walking along a quiet wide alley. I narrowed my eyes at Mako, wondering what he was doing. Mako stopped in front of a metal door, with Asami and I behind him.

"What is this place?" I asked Mako.

"This is the triple threats headquarters," Mako said, without looking at me.

"Are you insane? This is your idea of man power!" I retorted.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Asami asked worriedly, as she looked around the abandoned alley.

"No, but it's our last resort," Mako said, before knocking on the door.

There was a small hole that opened from the metal door. Through the small hole, eyes stared at the three of us then looked pointedly at Mako.

"Hey, Mako, whatever you think we did, we didn't do it," the voice said from behind the door.

"I'm not here on police business. I'm running an off-the-books operation, and I thought the triple threats would like a piece of the action," Mako said convincingly.

The man behind the door eyed us from top to bottom. The small hole in the door shut. I thought they rejected the offer, until the metal door opened. Mako entered first, followed by Asami and I. We were lead into a room, with the triple threats, and a lot of guards around the perimeter of the room. I recognized the triple threats from the criminal book. Viper was sitting on a chair, in between Shady Shin and Two-toed Ping. In front of the triple threats were three chairs. I sat down in the middle chair, with Mako on my left, and Asami on my right.

"So, you want our help, what's in it for the triple threats?" Viper asked.

"I am personal friends with the Avatar, I could try and convince her to give Shady Shin his bending back," Mako suggested.

"Sounds good to me, boss," Shady Shin said, Viper looked at him pointedly.

"What about the rest of us?" Two-toed Ping asked.

"I can give you Future Industries' new vehicles," Asami replied, Viper nodded slowly.

Viper stood up and stood in front of me. I looked at him without any emotion on my face. He narrowed his eyes at me, and lifted my chin up with his fingers.

"And you? Nothing to offer?" Viper asked slowly.

"I'm pretty sure you've been offered enough," I said, as I removed his hand from my chin.

"Have I?" Viper asked menacingly, I glared at him.

"Look, are you gonna help us or not?" Mako asked impatiently, Viper smirked.

"I think we've got ourselves a deal,"

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: June 22, 2019