The After Party.

If there was one thing Lyra knew for sure about Gryffindor's, it was that they knew how to throw a party. Or maybe it was just Fred and George who knew how to throw a party.

Their common room was full of decorations and fireworks. The tables stacked high with all sorts of foods. Where on earth did they get it all?

She stuck to the edges of the crowds surveying the rowdy bunch. She spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and began to weave her way towards them.

"Lyra!" Hermione gasped "you are not supposed to be in here." She said with worry.

"Fred and George invited me." Lyra said softly with a sheepish smile, "they let me in."

"Well, I have half a mind to tell them off for it. They know better than to bring other houses into our common room." She turned and scanned the crowd for them and Lyra faced Harry opening up her arms.

They embraced, him a bit embarrassed. Lyra usually wasn't the touchy type and he knew that. "I'm so glad you're okay. When I saw that Horntail, No wonder you've been so worried."

He smiled "Was it that noticeable?"

She smiled back "Call it my heightened intuition."

Harry lowered his voice and leaned in "Lyra listen, I'm really glad you came."

"Me too."

She then turned to Ron and smiled warmly "Finally made up with Harry, Ron?"

His jaw dropped "You talked to me!"

She nodded with a chuckle. "I figured now you are on talking terms with Harry, it would be okay."

Ron was about to say something when he was cut off by a boy Lyra didn't know. He was dragging Harry's golden egg towards them.

"Blimey, this thing is heavy!" He said. He gestured it towards Harry, "Open it, Harry! Go on, let's see what's inside it!"

Hermione objected abruptly. "He's supposed to work the clue out on his own. It's in the tournament rules." Harry leaned in and whispered something to her making her grin guiltily.

A few other people shouted for Harry to open the egg so he took it from the boy, dug his nails in the top, and twisted it open.

Suddenly the room was filled with the most horrendous sound Lyra had ever heard. She covered her ears.

"Shut it!" Fred yelled and Lyra nodded. Please close the damn thing. She thought. Harry twisted it shut and they all let out a sigh of relief.

"What was that?" Another boy said staring at the egg. "It sounded like a banchy maybe you've got to get past one of them in your next task."

"It was someone being tortured! You're going to have to fight the crusiotus curse!" Neville said dropping some food and Lyra noticed his mood shift to utter horror.

"Don't be a prat Neville that's illegal," George piped in "they wouldn't use the crusiotus curse on the champions."

"I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing, maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower Harry," Fred said getting a couple laughs from people and huge smiles from George and Ron. Fred offered a tray out to Hermione "want a gem tart, Hermione?" He asked.

She looked doubtfully at the plate and He grinned devilishly "Its all right," he said "I haven't done anything to them. It's the custard creams you've got to watch."

Hermione looked over at Lyra and she nodded confirming he was telling the truth. They continued to talk and Lyra wandered away from them looking for somewhere to sit.

She finally found a huge comfy chair tucked in one of the corners and curled up in it. She was exhausted. Even as the party continued on around her Lyra slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

About an hour later George had found her hiding there. "What are you doing hiding in the corner," he said. "Fred and I thought you left." When she didn't answer he crept closer. "Lyra?" She didn't answer but shifted a little to her name and he realized she had fallen asleep. "Ah oh," he said.

"What is it?" Fred asked popping over beside him. "Ooh, she's fallen asleep on us, reckon we draw on her face?"

"I reckon she'd never speak to us again."

"Very true. "

What's going on?" Hermione asked "oh no, Lyra's fallen asleep. "

"I reckon that drought of peace finally caught up with her. "

" Well we'll have to wake her up, she can't sleep in our common room. "

"Nah don't worry about it." George said, "I'll take care of it." He scooped her up in his arms and started for the portrait hole. Fred and Hermione shared a look of surprise as they watched him go.