b

"Hello BTS and Welcome to Maple's Orphanage. We are so happy you decided to come here to adopt a child." An bored and hourglass-shaped woman approached the wide-eyed boys.

"Hi!" Namjoon held out his hand. "I'm-"

"Namjoon. Yes yes. No need for introductions. I'm Miss Maple. Follow me. The children are waiting." Miss Maple said, a harsh tone to her voice.

Taehyung and Jungkook shared a look but followed the woman.

"Children!" Miss Maple snapped as she walked into the living room of the talking children.

All of the children immediately stopped talking and shot to their feet. Some of the older kids held babies or a toddler's hand. Others helped fix some of the younger's crooked clothes.

"This isn't necessary Miss Maple." Yoongi spoke up, disgusted on how Miss Maple treats the kids like show animals. "We want to see their personality. They can roam around and be themselves."

Miss Maple gave Yoongi a judgmental look. "Fine. Kids, do whatever."

The kids immediately relaxed. Some of them walked up to BTS and said hi. Others kept their distance.

But there were three boys and two girls who had cornered a helpless little girl.

"Come on. Why don't you say something?" One of the boys taunted, pulling at her hair.

"She c-c-can't s-speak." A girl laughed, mocking the girl.

"S-s-stop." The little girl protested as her dress was tugged at by a boy.

"Ha! She's disabled! No wonder no one wants to adopt you! Who would want a kid who can't even speak normally?" The third boy laughed.

Tears welled up in the girl's eyes. She knows how to speak, she just has trouble with it.

"I-"

"No! Don't even try! I don't want to hear you and your sad excuse for a sentence." The second girl covered the little one's mouth.

"I think that's enough." Taehyung's deep voice broke up the bullies, leaving them to shriek as they ran away.

"Are you alright?" Taehyung crouched down in front of the girl.

She wipes her eyes and nodded.

"Can you come with me?" He held out his hand.

The girl stared at his hand for a bit, but Taehyung remained confident. Finally, the little girl placed her small hand on Taehyung's large one.

Taehyung smiled and stood up, leading the girl to the couch.

"Oh don't touch her!" Miss Maple rushed over to Taehyung, pulling the girl from his side. "She's a spawn of the devil. I've tried to get rid of her for years! But I can never find another place to take her!" Miss Maple spat, yanking the girl's arm, causing her to yelp.

The other six boys turned to see the commotion, and Taehyung become very angry, very fast.

"Why would You ever say that?!" Taehyung raised his voice, making everyone go quiet.

"She can't even speak without pausing or stuttering!" Miss Maple cried out, defending herself, a little surprised at Taehyung's retort.

"That doesn't matter to me!" Taehyung's nose flared. "I would like to talk to the girl. Please let her join me."

Miss Maple huffed and shoved the girl to Taehyung before storming off to the desk in the corner of the room.

Yoongi flipped off Miss Maple while her back was turned.

"You didn't see that." He whispered to the laughing teen boy.

Taehyung carefully led the girl to the couch after helping her regain her balance from the shove.

After they were settled, Taehyung held out his hand and smiled softly. "Hello, my name is Kim Taehyung. What is yours?"

The little girl stared at Taehyung with awe. No one had ever been so nice to her before. She wondered if Taehyung was an angel from heaven.

She did her best to hold Taehyung's hand. "I-I-I'm Aylin. I d-don't know m-m-my last na-name." She stuttered quietly

Taehyung gently shook her hand.

"How old are you?" Taehyung asked, smiling, and eagerly waiting for her response.

Aylin held up five fingers.

"Five?!" Taehyung exclaimed, trying his best to make her laugh. "You're so grown up for a five year old!"

He tickled her lightly, causing her to giggle.

There we go. Taehyung thought, victorious.

Jimin and Hoseok sat down on the couch, Jimin next to Aylin and Hoseok next to Taehyung.

"Hello!" Hoseok waved with a bright smile. "My name is Hoseok!"

"And I'm Jimin! What's yours?" He asked, his cheeks squishing his eyes.

"Aylin." Aylin kicked her suspended feet shyly.

"What's your favorite color Aylin?" Hoseok asked, hunching over slightly so he could almost get face to face with her.

Aylin pointed to the pink on Taehyung's bracelet.

"Pink is a beautiful color." Jin agreed, sitting on the floor in front of Aylin. "My name is Seokjin, But Jin is okay too!"

Aylin waved cutely at Jin. "I'm Aylin."

She did it without stuttering! Taehyung thought proudly.

"Hi there!" Namjoon smiled and plopped down next to Jin. "We're the rest of BTS!"

Yoongi and Jungkook sat down and did their introductions.

"My n-n-name is A-A-A." Aylin stopped talking and bit her lip, looking away from the boys.

"Hey it's okay." Taehyung placed his hand on her clenched one. "Try it again. You can do it."

He was proud of her for trying to say a longer sentence, but sad when she gave up.

Aylin looked up at Taehyung and he nodded encouragingly.

She took a deep breath and said slowly, "My name... is Aylin."

The boys all immediately clapped.

"Good job!" Jimin hugged her from behind, making her laugh.

"You have a really pretty name, Aylin." Namjoon smiled brightly up at the embarrassed girl.

"Boys!" Miss Maple shouted unnecessarily loud, causing a few of the kids to jump. "Have you found one?"

"We will need to discuss first." Jungkook replied as nice as he could.

They all stood up except for Taehyung.

"You already know my decision." Taehyung smiled.

Yoongi nodded and the other followed him into another room.

Aylin watched them go as Taehyung spoke, "I will fight to get you out of here."

Aylin turned towards him.

"I promise."