Chapter 18

Reverse tossed a paper bag on the sofa, the contents spilling out on the floor as it bounced on the couch like a lame eel. Cans of soda rolled across the ground, skittering under the couch, discarded and forgotten.

"We left for two hours," Boboiboy muttered, removing his shoes by the door. "Somehow you managed to blow up the supermarket's dessert aisle."

His albino brother shrugged, his oversized sweater shuffling as he threw himself on a beanbag chair. If Boboiboy didn't know any better, he would assume that he was hiding a cat under that coat. It was something he would certainly do, if he didn't kill the poor thing first.

Sighing, the brunet swivelled to close the house door, the hinges creaking as it turned. As the door obscured most natural light, his eyes squinted as he caught two moving figures outside their porch, both clad in green, silver and gold.

Oh, they must be joking. Were they really stalking them?

The door was a sliver from closing. Suspicion rising, he swung the door open abruptly, and the figures were gone.

He turned to Reverse, who had already settled down, sinking into the softness of the beanbag. His twin was entranced in his world of the internet, eyebrows furrowing as if he was irritated by the pestering enemy. "I think they're here."

The red-eyed male sunk further into the beanbag, the sweater making him seem like he had no neck.

"Goddammit," he drawled, yawning. "I was about to take a nap as well."

"I'll just deal with this myself," Boboiboy said quickly. "This won't take long."

Reverse's eyes darted up to his younger brother, doubt plastered on his expression as his fingers remained on his screen, his eyebrow raised.

Boboiboy snorted. This wasn't the first time Reverse didn't trust him to handle enemies alone. In fact, if it happens, it would seem amusing rather than infuriating. There was an unspeakable humour that originated from someone sharing your face who would doubt you to the extent where they no longer trusted you to handle a coffee machine alone.

The older twin murmured a few choice words under his breath, mostly directed to the godforsaken station while releasing puffs of air, cheeks puffy. Pocketing his phone in his sweater coat, he stretched his limbs and headed towards the door, craning his head outside to inspect the situation.

"I think you're just paranoid," Reverse declared after a good thirty seconds of searching. "Don't worry. They can't do anything to us."

Boboiboy frowned, but he could see no one as well. A soft wind flowed by, brushing their hair sideways. Some of his caramel hair got into his mouth. He would have to get a haircut soon.

He sighed in exhaustion. One of these days, his past was going to kill him. Literally. His hand made its way towards the doorknob, and Reverse acknowledged that he would relax for now. The albino turned his head to and ventured inside the house, ready to catch up with a minutes' worth of lost Instagram memes.

Why won't they just leave them alone? (It could be the fact that they're villains, but other than that, eh...)

The wind picked up its pressure, and it grew increasingly difficult to close the door. Eyes widening in late realization, he abandoned the door and shot towards Reverse, arms throwing out to him in defence—

A pink projectile crashed into the house instead, tackling the albino, and sending him through walls. It decimated the front of the house, sending debris flying across the area. Boboiboy was pushed back due to the shockwave, but as soon as he recovered, he turned to see a massive hole in the wall and dust.