Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Avyan was capable enough to have impressed Ankit and Baldev with his own good nature and behavior. Both the father and son wanted to choose Avyan for their girl Kriti.

Baldev told Ankit, "See, you've already made a big mistake by choosing a person like Mohit for your sister. Now we need to take careful steps before doing anything wrong again. What reasons do you have for choosing Avyan for Kriti?"

Ankit agreed. "You're right papa, I was wrong, totally wrong. You had given me the responsibility of my sister to me and I failed. But this time, I don't think I'm thinking wrong. Aditi knows Avyan and his family personally and he is her client. We'll get more details about him from her. Secondly, the way Avyan got the hell out of my friends and opponents, I am impressed. Also if we go by our family tradition, he is an illiterate and owns gambling centres. He'll be the perfect choice."

"I understood you have valid reasons. Now will you listen to my reasons?"

Ankit nodded and Baldev continued, "I did not know all these details about him and I'm hearing it from you for the first time. I've liked him for some other reason. When I was on the rounds to the thalassaemia Home in previous days, I experienced his good nature there. He has a very fascinating skill of music and a mesmerizing voice. His music was so impactful that he eventually changed the minds of the little children. Moreover, he undertook the project for building the hospital for a large sum of money. He did what we could not do in all these years."

Ankit gaped. "That's amazing. I think we should talk to him about it and let's see if he agrees to us."

"No, we can't do that. What if he's already married, then?" Baldev asked.

"It might be but we can always take a chance." Ankit agreed.

"So I'm giving you this responsibility of reaching his heart. Don't do any mistakes again," Baldev ordered and Ankit obeyed merrily.

***** 

Raghav had heard the exciting news of the cancellation of Kriti's marriage and his joy knew no bounds. He was so excited that he was almost mentally dancing across the balcony of Jiyasha's house and collided with Ankit all of a sudden.

Raghav got little scared seeing Ankit but then realized that Ankit was a changed man. He uttered, "How are you, Mr. Ankit?"

Ankit smiled at him. "I'm good and how have you been?"

"As usual, very happy and relaxed."

"What for?" Ankit asked him doubtfully.

Raghav knew he was too quick in spilling beans and pursed his lips. Then he said softly, "My grandmother is coming to India in two days' time, that's why."

It was true, their grandmother was comparatively fitter than before and Amar was fetching her back to India in a couple of days.

"That's a good piece of news. Please tell her that I've invited her to our house. Why would she stay somewhere else when her grandsons are staying here?" Ankit said politely.

"I will, don't worry." Raghav was hurrying to move out of Ankit's way and meet Kriti as soon as possible.

Raghav turned to go when he heard Ankit's voice again. "Raghav, who all are there in your family? Your grandmother, you, Avyan and who else? Your family stays in abroad, right?"

Raghav was always quicker to respond. "We three have been together since ages. Our parents died long ago, I didn't find a proper girl to get married to and my brother never found the time to come out of his musical world."