Chapter Seven: Faerie Glamour

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!?" I yelled with my shirt half off, exposing my chest. I quickly covered my chest. It was too early on a Monday morning for this kind of bullshit. Drake sat on my bed next to my coffee mug, glaring at me as I tried to get ready for the day.

"Oh please, you're a flat chested brat."

I threw a boot at his head. It made a loud BANG!

"Matty, are you okay?" Rose asked from the kitchen.

Good for nothing-

"Sorry, I found an annoying bug!" I said to her.

Drake turned to glare at me. "Are you really calling me an insect?"

"Hell yes," I muttered as I flipped him off.

Drake snorted.

"You're not that interesting to me, you know. I'm only doing this for my queen." He said.

"Then get out of my room."

"I have to stay with you at all times."

I grabbed the matching boot.

"I know that nothing is going to happen to me while I get dressed."

Drake frowned. "You never know what can happen."

"What can happen?"

"With you? A faerie could come crashing through your window, which you have left unguarded by the way-"

I waved the boot at him. "You would know about breaking into my room."

"And come in to kidnap you."

"Not kill me?"

Drake shook his head. "It'd be a waste of your sight. They couldn't sell off your eyes if you were dead. And spells are best with live ingredients." Good to know. "So, you see where I stand."

"You could at least turn around, you perv," I said, "if I hold no interest for you that shouldn't be a problem."

Drake huffed and turned his back to me. I stuck my tongue out at him as I took off my shirt and quickly put on a bra. Out of habit against faeries, I flipped the bra inside out. I found my jacket and slipped it on as I looked back at Drake.

I grabbed my camera bag and threw it over my shoulder. "Come on, pervert."

"I told you, you're a flat chested runt," Drake said. I walked passed Rose and waved at her. I shut the door behind me as Drake flew to my right. "What are you planning for the human girl?"

"Her name is Rose," I said.

I walked into the autumn morning and put on my headphones on so I could pretend to be on the phone if Drake insisted on having a conversation. Some of the leaves were already beginning to change colors even though it was only the beginning of September. My breath turned into fog in the early morning light and frost clung to the windows and grass. I saw some smaller faeries dance in the air. Some of the smaller floral faeries lingered in flowers that were dying due to the morning cold. The pixies had black eyes and different colored skin with only about three fingers. They danced on the branches of the smaller trees that lined the city streets. It was to make the city seem more eco-friendly, I think. A woman dressed in white walked passed me with white wolves pulling her along. Bright pink wings fluttered behind her. She gave me a glance.

"Ser Drake, I do hope to see you soon in the forest," she said. She continued walking and Drake didn't respond.

I looked over to the faerie and said, "Ser Drake? Really?"