Chapter 16: Golden

"You are gold baby. Solid gold."

                                                    -Anonymous

"Focus, Y/n!"

Hoseok spoke from in front of you, his hands resting on his knees as he took deep breaths, his black hair falling over his eyes..

The two of you had been training for the past two hours.

Hoseok had finally begun to teach you hand-to-hand combat, starting with the basics; Self-defense.

You were extremely grateful to the former warrior. He pushed you, made sure that you worked hard. He was doing his best to better you mentally and physically, and you couldn't be any happier.

Sure, the training was hard and you often found yourself getting extremely frustrated with yourself and sometimes Hoseok, but you loved it. You loved knowing that you were able to defend yourself in any kind of dangerous situation.

No more damsel in distress.

No more being useless or depending on someone else...you had come to learn that in this adventure you were the only one that would be there. Throughout all the worlds you have traveled, throughout all the stories you've fulfilled....one thing remained constant among the chaos.....

You.

At the end of your journey...when the enemies are defeated and the battle is over...you were all you had left...The life you currently lived was full of goodbyes.....and in the end...You were always alone.

You were always forced to leave behind the people you had come to care about...people who had made strong impacts on your life....

But each one of them were different.

You found yourself missing the first Jungkook...the golden prince that had made you laugh until tears filled your eyes...You missed his smile, his stupid jokes and his warm hugs....

He was your best friend, someone you could always count on...and in that moment you suddenly missed him terribly.

Yes, you fell in love with Yoongi... and yes, you had met another version of Jungkook...but the young Lion Prince was your best friend...and being away from him for so long really began to take its toll on you....

"You looked so scared!" Jungkook laughed, removing his right hand from his horses reigns to clutch onto his stomach.

You smiled fondly at the memory.

You smirked as a thought popped into your mind.

"At least I'm not engaged to marry a child." You stated smugly. "Pedophile."

Jungkook fell silent at your words.

You smiled victoriously.

"That isn't fair! You should not have brought that up!" Jungkook whined. "I don't even know what a pedophile is!"

You shrugged.

"Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

Jungkook frowned.

"What does that mean?"

You ran your hands through your hair, trying your best to focus on your training.

"Ouch!"

You frowned, turning to look at the chestnut headed male sitting behind you.

"Can you please be more gentle? It feels like you're trying to kill me!" You exclaimed.

Jungkook frowned at your words, and thumped at a spot just below your wound in response.