Chapter Twenty-Three: The Curse of the Lovetalker

Author's Note: 

Hi guys, I know I usually post this at the end of the chapter, but there is talk of sexual assault in this chapter. Not super duper heavy, but I know that could be hard for some people. Alright see you at the bottom! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Eloy's warmth wrapped around me as he ran into the forest. The world blurred as I realized he was running. The speed sucked the air out of my lungs. I clutched onto him. What the hell was going on?

"Eloy! Stop! Put me down!" I yelled, hitting his back hard.

Eloy stopped and plopped me down on the ground. My head hit something hard. The world went white for a second. I gulped in a large chunk of air before coughing.

Eloy leaned down and gently patted me on top of my head.

"What is wrong with you?" I yelled as I looked around. "Drake! Where is he?"

Eloy looked over his shoulder. "Probably fighting off a few noble women right now."

Oh that made all the bloody sense in the world.

"Great," I said as I got up, "I need to go and help him-"

Eloy pulled me back down and pressed me hard into the tree. I put my knees in between us and pushed him away.

"These are noble women, Matty." Eloy said as he tried pressing his body weight against me.

"No shit, Sherlock!" Eloy's eyes grew big as he pulled back. I rubbed the back of my head. "Christ, did you really have to drop me down that hard?"

"You were hitting me."

"You kidnapped me, now what the hell is going on?" I repeated.

Eloy looked down at me. His eyes drained of light as he looked at me and his bangs fell over his eyes. His palms became slick with sweat and now I could see the slight shaking in his shoulders.

"Those noble women have been following me for awhile now," I said to him as I sat up. "Do you know them? Drake didn't." Eloy refused to look at me. I leaned forward. "Come on, Eloy, tell me-"

"There, there, little LoveTalker."

Eloy froze and a long, bony hand gripped his shoulder. I grabbed the jeweled wrist before yanking down hard on it. The grip released and the arm lurched forward, making a pretty face appear close enough for me to ram my first into it. I let go of the wrist and she screamed before stumbling back. I pushed Eloy out of the way and stood in front of him. Blood seeped between pale fingers and hair fell around her.

"You little witch!"

I jumped as I heard the creaking of wood. I saw the noble woman.

"Where's Drake?"

The woman looked at me, revealing a bloody pale face. Her hair had been decorated with jewels, but came undone after I punched her.

"The dragon is busy." She said, "we mean you no harm. You're the dragon's."

I saw black tree roots crawling from under the ground. The creaking grew loud and the wind numbed out my skin.

"Yeah, sure I can tell."

She lifted her head back and pushed her hair out of her face. She smiled. The blood kind of ruined the affect I think she was trying to go for. It made her look half-mad.

"We want the LoveTalker." I looked over my shoulder. Eloy froze to the ground. He couldn't move. He stared at me with wide eyes and his hands dug into the ground. She took a step toward me. "That's all we want is the LoveTalker. Once we have it then we'll go. He was ours originally."