Chapter 128 - A New Rival

While Alec and Tobias conversed inside, Mimi took her phone conversation outside - away from her apartment complex.

"Why did you suddenly call me?" Compared to before, Mimi's voice was dark and dispassionate.

"Sheesh, you sound so cold! Don't tell me I ruined your playtime?" A man's voice on the other end teased.

Unlike his light tone, Mimi's voice remained indifferent. "Why did you call?"

Sighing, the man tsked. "I thought you might be interested to know about how that woman got information on the Hirogori's."

Mimi couldn't conceal the surprise in her voice. "How?"

In a haughty tone the man replies, "Well since even you happened to slip up with finding this information, I thought I'd help you out a little. Consider it a generous favor!"

Not bothering to thank the man Mimi asks, "What did you find out?"

The man wanted to cough blood at her shamelessness but let it slide as he was already aware of this trait of hers.

"Through surveillance cameras, I was able to find her eating lunch with someone. A man in particular. Very handsome at that too, nice suit, freshly polished look, if I wasn't straight I'd bang him!"

Knowing he was purposely stalling, Mimi's face blackened and her irritation rose even further.

"Tell me who he is, or I'm cutting off half of your pay."

Coughing, the man finally answers, "His name is Shen Jue. He's actually quite an influential figure in the trading industry. You might have heard of him."

Upon hearing that name, Mimi's eyes turned completely cold and an intense murderous aura was raging around her.

"Shen Jue, you say?" Her lips curled up into a sly smile.

Though the man couldn't see her, he felt a chill run down his spine toward the sound of her voice.

"You know him?"

Mimi laughed coldly, "Just the acquaintance of someone I once knew."

Curious about the hidden meaning in her words, the man decided to let it slide knowing full well she wasn't one to exchange personal information.

"If that's all then I'll be hanging up now. And don't call me anymore, I'll contact you when I require your assistance again." Without waiting for him to answer, Mimi hung up.

Looking down at her phone, the broken smile on her face grew.

"Shen Jue..." Mimi's voice was traced with malicious intent.

Shen Jue. The man she has known since childhood. The man who participated in the end of her happiness. The very man who was engaged to her sister, Emily Hirogori.

Although not known by her sister, Mimi was aware of the man's evil, possessive character. He was almost as worse as her father. Hell, if anything the man was a complete and absolute sadist!

As someone who was said to be a sadist herself, said a lot about the man.

When she was little, Mimi witnessed Shen Jue's vicious actions toward a servant who flirted with her sister. Having woken up that night, Mimi heard a sudden commotion and turned to see Shen Jue beating the servant with a broad, content-filled smile on his face.

Already used to such a sight at a young age, Mimi looked at his actions unfazed, but her heart stirred observing the chilling smile on his face.

Why was he smiling, she always thought?

In response to being caught, he walked over to her with a smile and patted her head while saying, "Sorry you had to see that. Go back to bed little one and remember to keep tonight a secret, okay?"

Mimi looked at him emotionlessly and did as she was told. After that, he never mentioned the situation to her again.

Without a doubt, she was against having such an evil man marry her sister. She had planned to find ways to dispose of him, but no matter what she did he would only appear amused.

Mimi had once tried to purposely burn the man with hot tea, hoping to injure and destroy his little brother, but he dodged like the crazy bastard he was!

With a smile, he patted her head again and told her to be careful.

Many encounters like that happened yet with all, the man smiled and patted her head gently. It irked her to no end!

When around her sister he would look at her with a gentle gaze. But behind those gentle gazes was a trace of possession – a dangerous amount.

On the day of Emily's funeral, Mimi never saw Shen Jue. It was as if he had disappeared. Until now, she never thought or heard from him. Now knowing Shen Jue was close enough to Senior Su to enclose her on information regarding the Hirogori's projects, she couldn't help but feel suspicious.

Was he also planning on destroying the Hirogori's as well?

It was possible since the man was engaged to her sister and possessive toward her in every way. If Shen Jue knew her family was involved in Emily's death, seeking revenge wouldn't be a surprise.

At the thought, Mimi's expression grew sour. If that was the case, then did that mean she had a rival?

Widening her smile, Mimi giggled silently to herself. If he was, then there's no way she'd let him win.

She would ensure the Hirogori's fell from her own two hands...even if it killed her.