P10 - Sinking

NOTE: an extended version of this chapter is on Patreon 

Parts 11 and 12 are also available on Patreon RIGHT NOW

This book on Wattpad will only be 15 parts as I originally stated. it will be continued as an extended plotline on Patreon! *

The steam from the running water rose to the high ceilings. Inside the glass encased shower, which was by the far the most spacious one I've seen in my life, I lathered myself in a sweet, lavender smelling soap. I'm sure he had gotten it intentionally for me as he hadn't bothered to utilize it and opted to use another scent for himself. Harry stood by the white, stone tiles that covered two sides of the shower, directly beneath the shower head. The water runs past his face, down his broad shoulders, down his chest, his muscled abdomen. He washes away the smell of the pool with a soap lathered into a plush shower sponge. His eyes are closed, and I'm allowed a moment to admire him before I look away, contemplating approaching him.

I take a few steps, the bottoms of my feet submerged in the running water the drains somewhere behind me. The lathered soap glides down his body as he rinses off, head lowered. He seemed so calm, relaxed. There was not a single thought in his mind, it appeared, but in a strange manner, his face appeared focus still. The water sprays onto me as I've come close enough to him that my skin touches his, standing beneath the shower head with him. From his lowered head, he opens his eyes, attentive to my sudden close proximity. My soapy skin rinses under the warm flow of warmth, listening to the way our breaths drown in the noise of the running water.

Harry watches me quietly, observing the path my hands run up his chest, and over his collarbones. Feeling against his soft skin, my eyes following the patterns my index finger absentmindedly draws onto him. Our silence is comfortable, and I find myself thinking, possibly too much. I wondered what he thought of in the privacy of his own thoughts, his eyes giving away almost nothing. Mine follow up his chest and to his eyes, squinting as to avoid the tiny water droplets that sparkled against my face.

I'm not given any more than a few seconds until I feel his lips touch mine. He leans down more, pressing harder on my mouth, kissing me more deeply. His hands grip my naked waist gently, gliding his palms across the wet skin. The sensual, tender kiss lingers until a noise disrupts our peace. The serenity of our environment diffuses, a knock against the wood airing out beneath the sound of the running water.

"Yes?" Harry calls out, agitation clearly in his voice. I feel his chest vibrate when he speaks, my palms flat against the skin there, feeling the light hairs.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Mr. Styles," a low, gruff voice says from the other side of the bathroom door. "Mr. Yung has contacted you several times. It seems to be urgent."

In response, Harry huffs, his eyes staring up at the ceiling of the shower, a light illuminating the enclosed space. "Aright. Be vague when you tell that bloody idiot that I call him. He doesn't call me. Understood?"

I look away, the fierceness and passive aggression of his voice slightly alarming. I assumed Mr. Yung and Harry were friends, as they were colleagues and owned the law form together. Maybe he had just been that irritated that we were interrupted, but my mind insisted otherwise. I knew nothing of the context of their relationship, so I could just as easily assume one thing over another. Instead of ruminating on the thought too much, I slide the shower door open and step onto the cooled floors. I grab the towel I had been using for the past two days and wrap it around my body.

I say nothing to him. The water stops behind me, and I hear him step out of the shower as well. My eyes stare up into the mirror by the sink, viewing my own reflection. I tuck one end of the towel into itself, securing it around my body. My soaked, dark hair drips behind me, curling and bouncing around my face as I make my way to the door. I hoped Axel had left by then, and I'm relieved to see that the bedroom was empty.