i. Living Legend

Chapter OneLiving Legend

Chapter One
Living Legend

★★★★

Diana Prince was a living legend. The Amazon princess' name later became associated with victory, after the First World War and people across the globe began to learn about her abilities. However, Diana did her best to stay humble and keep a low profile, but keeping a low profile wasn't exactly easy. At least, not when she came to America and the better half of the nation seemed to know who she was.

The years following the end of the First World War were for the most part, quiet, despite the effects of the Great Depression, the rise of fascism, and a few or more revolutions in which Diana managed to rebuild the peace. It wasn't long before Diana eventually became accustomed to life in America, and living in the nation's capital as an official emissary for the island nation of Themyscira, as decreed by her mother, the Queen of the Amazons, a couple of years prior. With this granted title, Diana was allowed to participate in global matters as she seemed fit, if they posed a threat to humanity and was given the ability travel back and forth from her new home to her old one.

Much to her dismay, the peace Diana attempted to keep between man did not last as she had expected it to. Diana discovered this when the start of a new war began, a war that triumphed all others in devastation. This new era of inhuman acts brought Diana to crossroads; she didn't know whether to believe if Ares had truly returned or not and had decided to ignite a new chaotic war and finish what he started so long ago. Nonetheless, Diana knew she couldn't simply stand idly by; she had to keep the peace between men, for it was her duty.

The war followed on for a few months, before Diana found a way to take action in it. In those months, however, the death toll seemed to magnify with every passing minute. It was not until early January of the year 1940, when Diana was approached by a man and offered a proposal she would not decline. The man introduced himself as Colonel Chester Phillip's and invited Diana to join the Strategic Scientific Reserve, a top-secret Allied war agency formed to fight HYDRA, the Nazi special weapons division. He explained to her that she would be given the title of leading officer and would lead groups of men into battle. Deeming his offer worthy, Diana accepted, seeing it as the best option for stopping the war at the source of its chaos. From that day, her mission became to defeat HYDRA, the organization she believed Ares had created and led, thereby putting in end to his chaos.

Diana was given the title of Lieutenant Prince and traveled alongside Colonel Phillips, to retrieve more participants for the Strategic Scientific Reserve. Their first recruit was a man named Howard Stark, a brilliant inventor, engineer and founder of Stark Industries, a million-dollar company. The duo traveled to Los Angeles, California, where Howard Stark held an introduction and demonstration to a selective amount of people for the properties of vibranium, a metal found by Stark Industries in Africa. In the process of his demonstration, Howard was attacked by a pair of HYDRA assassins but was heroically saved by Diana, who managed to block the bullets aimed at him with her Bracelets of Submission. As a result, Howard accepted her and Colonel Phillips' offer to joined the S.S.R.

Next on their list, was the determined and courageous woman, Margaret "Peggy" Carter. Her recruitment had not been difficult after Diana and Colonel Phillips spoke with her leading offers, who had been happy to loan her to their service. Diana could see that Peggy would be a valuable asset to their team and would be a prominent advisor.

Eventually, Diana had stopped accompanying Colonel Phillip's to recruit more members for the agency and was now being dispatched on missions for the S.S.R. alongside Peggy Carter, to stop HYDRA's arms deals, free foreign hostages and stop various raids. These missions eventually led Diana and Peggy to rescue Dr. Abraham Erskine from the clutches of the HYDRA leader, Johann Schmidt. The two helped Dr. Erskine seek refuge in the S.S.R., and in turn, he agreed to produce America's Super Soldier with the aid of Howard Stark. This project was named Project Rebirth and revolved around the creation of an American army of Super Soldiers, which would ultimately change the face of the army.

Yet, while the primary focus of everyone at the S.S.R. was Project Rebirth, Diana's focus was on finding a way to defeat Ares once and for all. The war was going into its second year and there would seem to be no end if Diana could not find a way to end it soon. Eventually, even America became involved, having joined the Allied forces, after Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japan, who was apart of the Axis forces. Needless to say, Diana was impatient to officially emerge in the war and grew annoyed at with Project Rebirth; she did not believe she needed reinforcements, like an army of Super Soldiers. However, Colonel Phillips thought otherwise and convinced the Amazon to see it through.

Howard and Dr. Erskine even asked the Amazon for consults after seeing how intelligent she was. Diana was dragged from one city to the next by Howard, in order to finish the Project Rebirth Chamber. Although being a leading officer, Diana found the process of the project to be a bore and was happy to have someone like Peggy around, who understood her dilemmas.

The two girls had become very close in such a short time, which made Diana happy. She missed her Amazon sisters deeply and seeing as she had not visited Themyscira in a while, only added to her feeling of homesickness. Luckily, Peggy managed to give her a small piece of home, seeing as how she had quickly become like a sister to Diana.

At the moment, Diana was only glad she didn't feel so alone in the world. However, she couldn't help but feel that her loneliness would be gone in more ways than one.

★★★★

A/N: I LOVE DIANA & I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HOWARD FLIRT W/ HER WHILE LIL' STEVIE GETS JEALOUS ;)