Prologue

PrologueDiana of Themyscira

Prologue
Diana of Themyscira

★ ★ ★ ★

FROM A YOUNG AGE, Diana had known she wanted to become a warrior - a fearless, brave, and courageous woman in battle. Alas, she was royalty amongst her people, the beautiful and fierce Amazons, so she was treated with much delicacy throughout her childhood.

Princess Diana had been the first ever born child on the paradise island of Themyscira. Her mother, the Queen of the Amazons, Hippolyta, had molded her from the clay shores of the island, before six members of the Greek Pantheon then bonded a soul to the clay, giving it life by the decree of Zeus, the God of the Sky and Thunder.

Each of the six had also granted the child a gift: Demeter, great strength; Athena, wisdom, and courage; Artemis, a hunter's heart and a communion with animals; Aphrodite, beauty and a loving heart; Hestia, sisterhood with fire; Hermes, speed and the power of flight. Diana became the first Amazonian demigoddess and was trained to her fullest extent by her aunt, Antiope, to be the fiercest, most skilled and unconquerable warrior in all of Themyscira.

In the early twentieth century, Diana's never-ending life on Themyscira was interrupted when an American pilot crash-landed on the shores of the estrogen-heavy isle. His landing led to the first battle between mankind and Amazonian women in which Captain Steve Trevor fought amongst the Amazons. In the midst of this battle, the life of Antiope and many other Amazons were lost despite it being a victory for the women.

Once Captain Steve Trevor was healed of his wounds, he explained to Queen Hippolyta and Princess Diana about the massive conflict going on in the outside world. As a result, Hippolyta held a competition to determine which Amazon was the worthiest among them, charging the winner with the responsibility to deliver Captain Steve Trevor back to Man's World and to fight for justice in the Great War, believing that mankind was being influenced by Ares, the God of War and that it was the Amazon's duty to put an end to his reign of chaos.

Despite Diana's protests, Hippolyta forbade her daughter from competing. Nonetheless, Diana entered the competition, masking her identity, and ultimately became the victor. Her mother was reluctant, but eventually accepted her victory and awarded her a special uniform to wear during battle. Diana was also given the Lasso of Truth of the god, Hephaestus, indestructible bracelets made from the shield of Athena, the Sandals of Hermes, her late aunt Antiope's tiara, and the God Killer, a sword meant only to be wielded to by the worthiest of the Amazons.

After bidding farewell to her home and the only life she has ever known, Diana embarked on a journey into the cyclical world of Man to end the war of all wars and stop the influence her half-brother, Ares, had on mankind.

To her dismay, Diana discovered the world of Man is not everything she believed it to be. She saw the true darkness that lives within their light, realizing that their will always be both evil and good in each and every human being.

Nonetheless, she fought alongside Man in order to defeat her brother and put in end to the war. In a final battle, Diana managed to defeat Ares and the Central Powers, thereby gaining victory for the Allies in the First World War. However, in the midst of the battle, she had lost her good friend, Steve Trevor, after he sacrificed himself in order to destroy an arsenal of malevolent and deadly bombs.

Deciding to stay in the world of Man after the Great War, Diana adjusted and became a political emissary for the island nation of Themyscira and an inspiration for people around the world when they discovered what the young Amazonian was truly capable of. Diana did her duty to protect man and kept the the peace between them all.

Although, Diana realizes peace doesn't always last when she enters the beginning of yet another war- one in which Ares has no influence over.

Once Colonel Chester Phillips hears about the stoic woman's brave acts of heroism in the First World War, he decides to recruit her to be one of the leading commanders in the Strategic Scientific Reserve, an Allied deep science agency formed to fight against HYDRA, the Nazi super weapons division. Knowing it is her duty to fight, Diana sets forth into war but soon realizes that she won't be able to stop this one on her own.

While hoping to put an end to this massive conflict, Diana realizes that there is only one thing that will ever be able to truly stop the hatred of war and how it can change the course of one's life forever. Luckily enough for Diana, Steve Rogers knew exactly what that was.

★ ★ ★ ★

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

CRAPPY PROLOGUE BUT YAYAYAY

#WONDERCAP & #STIANA are the loml

Okay, ANYWAYS a lil' note on Wonder Woman's origins, I basically took bits and pieces from different versions of her but I think I did a good job in making sure her origin story match the timeline for The First Avenger! Enjoy!