↠ 27

"What are you doing here?" Jin hissed as soon as Hoseok came near to the table. Smiling widely, Hoseok took a seat across from Jin who was full on glaring at this point. "Hi hyung," said Hoseok as he rested his elbows on the table. "How's everything going?"

Seokjin sighed as he rubbed the temple of his head. "Everything's fine. Which is why I don't understand why you're here."

Hoseok shrugged. "I wanted to have something to eat later when I teach the dance class."

Jin rolled his eyes. "And you had to come to here of all places?"

Pretending to be innocent, Hobi tilted his head in a confused manner. "What do you mean? They have some good muffins here."

Jin let out a sigh, looking like he was becoming more frustrated at this point. "Really? We have food at the house and your class starts in like ten minutes."

Hobi just laughed. "What? I can't even crave a muffin? Besides, Jungkook and Taehyung almost ate everything in the house. We need to do some grocery shopping."

"Are you serious?" Seokjin's face fell flat as soon as he mentioned that they needed more food. "We should have been good for this week too."

Hobi in response shrugged a shoulder. "But anyways, you know why I'm here." He leaned forward a bit, no expression crossed his face. "Anything happened yet?"

Jin leaned forward as well, lowering his voice. "No, I just have a weird feeling."

"What do you mean?" Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know how to describe it." Jin glanced towards you, who was busy giving out orders and rushing to the back for more treats. "I feel like there is some vampire at the university who knows that Y/N is there. It's just that I can't smell anything."

"It's probably just the crowd of humans." Hobi responded. "I mean, their scent will always stick out. It smells of that icy mint gum but ten times stronger and the sun is fully out too." He looked towards the window where the sun was blinding the concrete sidewalk.

Seokjin pursed his lips. "Elite vampires can't burn in the sun, remember?"

"Oh yeah." Hobi smiled sheepishly. "You'll still be able to smell them no matter what and their eyes give it away."

Seokjin nodded once. "You're probably right..." He thought about that fact. Even with a bunch of different people who had various scents to them, a vampire's scent was a blow to his sensitive nose. Then he lightly glared at Hobi. "But that doesn't mean you could have talked about it through the chat?"

Hobi sheepishly smiled. "Sorry. It's just..." He sighed once and ran a hand through his hair. "I know she's all of ours but I needed to see her."

Seokjin stayed quiet for a moment, thinking that it was everyone that was thinking the same thing. He thought that after this whole vampire deal, then things will calm down and discuss the potential of this situation. His eyes fluttered down to the table, thinking the different outcomes. There were some he liked and there was some that he did not like. Though he may learn to share...

Suddenly Hobi straightened up a bit. Seokjin's eyes immediately followed where his gaze landed. You walking over with a brown bag with the cafe's logo scrawled onto the paper bag. In your other hand was a plate of a couple of baked goods. You set down the bag right in front of Hoseok.

Grinning brightly, Hobi cheerfully said a thanks.

You gave him a smile in return with a no problem. Seokjin oddly felt uneasy. All he wanted to do was get his mate away from the competition but he couldn't possibly do that. He couldn't hear the quick conversation you had as Hobi stood up, poked your cheek and walked out the cafe with his muffin.

Quickly, you got Seokjin's attention as he looked up at you. "You okay?" You asked him.

"Yeah," He smiled at you. "I'm okay."

Seokjin stayed with you for the rest of your shift. At last, you were in the back grabbing your bag to go home. As soon as you walked out of the store, Jin was leaning against the wall and immediately leaned away as you came near.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

You got in the car and Jin started driving off. "So..." You said to make some type of conservation since he seemed a little off. "Do you do anything for a living?"

Jin laughed a little though it wasn't enough to show his normal window wiping laughter. "Yes, I just manage a restaurant in the next town over."

"Oh..."

"Did you think that we ran all day as wolves or something?" He gave you a glance and he was slightly smirking.

"No!" You blurted out. Well, they had to afford that house somehow, right?

"Well, you thought of it, didn't you?" He teased you.

"Definitely not." You shook your head.

He raised an eyebrow. "Mhm. I sure believe you."

"I feel really attacked right now." You mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear you.

Though Seokjin's amazing hearing picked it up under your breath. "Well I am a werewolf."

"That's not-" You started but just stopped. "Never mind, you keep attacking my heart." Then you paused thinking about what you said. Oh, did you just actually say that?

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Not really." You replied as you were feeling your heart thump against your chest.

"Why not?" He asked while you didn't notice his hand snaking his way towards your own hand. So course you jumped when you felt something grab yours. "I think it's a very good thing."

You just felt yourself blush again. In your peripheral vision, you saw Jin smile widely and his hold on your hand tightened. His thumb caressed your hand every once while all the way home.

Getting home, you were surprised to see no one home. The house was silent and you didn't like it one bit. "Where are the guys?" You asked Jin.

"Probably on a patrol or grabbing some food for dinner." He replied. "I'm going to take a shower so if you need anything, just barge in." He had an amusing smile on his face.

"What?" You asked, unsure if you even heard right. "If I need something, I barge in?"

Seokjin nodded. "Or you could join me." He leaned closer to your face where you could study his dark gaze. "Wouldn't you like that princess?"

Automatically, your face flushed from his gaze. "No, I won't!" You blurted out and rushed up to your room, though you could hear Jin's familiar window wiping laugh echo from downstairs. You mentally cursed at yourself. Fantastic.