↠ 28

After half an hour you finally calmed down from that moment. You swear that you were definitely not going to survive for a week with Seokjin's flirty behaviour. In the meantime, you had changed your little fish's water. Now he was swimming happily in some fresh water.

You already changed into some comfortable clothes and went downstairs to see if anyone was home yet. Nope, no one was home. It was sort of eerie. You could hear the shower running upstairs, so you decided to go into the library for a bit. Maybe you'll find a book you like.

So, there you went to the grand library and were still amazed like last time. You went through the bookshelves and looked at the different colored binders. Your eyes scanned over the different colors until you collided with something hard. Thinking it was some odd bookshelf they decided to place there, you jumped back and cursed softly.

"Sorry!" Taehyung smiled at you with his box-like smile that made you jump out of your skin.

"It's ok... When did you even get here?" You questioned, trying to remember if you even heard him or see him come in. If he did, then damn. You need better senses.

"Just a couple of moments ago. I didn't want to disturb you and besides," He leaned in closer. "You just look so concentrated and that was just adorable."

Your heart skipped another beat. "O-Oh ok." 

"Hm?" Taehyung tilted his head like he was trying to understand what you were saying. "Are you flustered right now?"

"No?" You meant to say it as a statement, but apparently you didn't.

Taehyung flashed you another grin. "I think you are. Does this mean I'm one step closer to your heart?"

'Omg...  Has he been hanging out with Jin? What. Why. I think I need some water.'  You internally thought to yourself as Taehyung inched closer. "I don't know..." You slightly gasped as Taehyung's fingers ghosted your waist.

Taehyung jokingly pouted. "Why don't you know?" At this point, his face was so close to yours that you could see the pupils of his dark eyes. "Is it because I'm the one making you like this?" He lowly growled in his deep voice that seemed to rock your body.

You blanked out. Instead of an intelligent reply, all you said was, "Huh?"

His dark eyes continued to stare right into yours as he chuckled. "It is because of me, isn't it?" He seemed to move centimeter by centimeter until you could feel his breath lightly hit your lips. "I like seeing you being affected by me," His eyes glance down at your lips. "Sweet..." He mumbled as his lips brushed yours.

You could feel your heart literally beating against your chest, your face becoming red and your palms lightly sweating.

Taehyung gripped your waist with his hands tightly. He lightly growled once more as he placed a sweet peck to your lips. "I'm sorry." He pulled away a bit but his grip remained. "I wish we can continue but I won't force you." His grip released and he pulled you to his chest.

It was a comfortable but quiet moment. You tried to keep calm as Taehyung kept his hold on you. You think that with his amazing hearing, he would probably be able to hear your erratic heart, but he kept quiet. You shyly held onto his waist since what else were you supposed to do? You just didn't think that of all people, Taehyung, would be the one to be this bold.

Taehyung pulled away slightly to look at you. "Did you want to go watch a movie with me?" As you were about to answer, you noticed that his eyes darted to the door of the library. "Never mind... They're here." He then reluctantly let you go and frowned a bit.

Just like he said, the door burst open and there was Jungkook with a wide bunny smile. "Hi Y/N!" He literally bounded over to you like a rabbit. "How was your day?"

"Oh, um, good!" You hastily answered.

Jungkook tilted his head a little as if he was a puppy trying to understand a command. "Oh really?" He leaned in a bit closer. "Can I ask you why your face is red?"

"What?" You hesitantly answered and Jungkook's eyes narrowed slightly. His gaze flickered behind you (most likely Taehyung) and went back to your face. "N-Nothing! Oh are the others here? Better go greet them!" You just replied and hurried out of the room, feeling the heat still in your cheeks.

'Way to go... I sure didn't seem like there was anything.'  You sarcastically thought to yourself as you got out of there. Your stomach rumbled a bit and you decided it was time to eat something.

As soon as you left the library, Jungkook kept his gaze on Taehyung. "Did you do anything to her?"

Taehyung, who was watching you leave, snapped his head towards the younger male. "What? No, I didn't."

Jungkook huffed, not believing him for a second. "Really? What did you do to make her like that?" The playful side of him was gone as his tone became serious than ever.

"I said nothing." Taehyung replied, giving him a glare of his own. "I did not do anything."

"Yeah right." Jungkook returned his glare. "Because you just happened to be here in the same room and not know what happened. Like I'll believe that."

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Yoongi is probably cooking. I'm going to help him." He closed the conversation and started to walk away.

Except Jungkook wasn't having it. He grabbed Taehyung's arm and kept him from walking anymore. "I still don't believe you," Jungkook watched Taehyung for any reaction. "But you did something and so that breaks the rules for me." He leaned to whisper. "And she will be my mate."

Taehyung froze, processing the words of Jungkook who left the library. He stood there for a minute and lightly growled at the air. He stared at nothing and angrily clenched his fists. "Great..." He muttered so quietly that not even the others would be able to hear. "No... She will be mine." His goal became clearer than ever thanks to Jungkook.

Sure, he may get closer to his goal when it's just him and you, but never with the older brothers around. He didn't want to face a pissed off Alpha who made his orders clear. And the older brothers may also get pissed off that he wasn't following the order. Still, he was going to try.

Now all Taehyung needed was a plan in succeeding to being your mate.