Chapter 42: The Eclipse Spirits

Your POV

As I return from my job, I noticed the guild hall was far too quiet. I walk up to the bar, but instead of Mira greeting me, Kinana walks up.

Kinana: "Hello M/n! How can I help you?"

You: "Well, do you know where everybody went? Guild seems, empty."

Kinana: "Oh, it's because Lucy's spirits stopped answering her, so they went out to find out why, although I do remember hearing Natsu say Loke was acting strange, so I don't know if they fixed them or not." I immediately stand and thank her, then walk out.

Nol: "So, you think it's like what happened a long time ago?" I groan.

You: "Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if the Eclipse had something to do with it, it seems like if there's ever too much of Zeref's presence, the spirits can be greatly affected... There's just one problem..."

Nol: "What?"

You: "My Dragon Slayer magic tends to; how should I say this... Have, very little effect on spirits, which means I will be significantly weaker." I begin tracking Natsu and the others powers, and eventually stumble into some fog, and some weird doorways, then, all of a sudden, I'm in some ominous void with lots of doors, and see Arcadios and the princess. "Oh, uh, hey guys!" I say waving.

Hisui: "M/N?!" I wave and walk up.

You: "Yea, do either of you guys know what the hell is going on? Cause I just got here, and really haven't been informed very well." I look to the screen they're looking at, and see... "Oh, god damnit." I say sighing after.

Hisui: "What is it?"

You: "Well, I think I just figured everything out. Let me take a guess, the Eclipse gate, due to having a tremendous power representing Zeref's black magic, has affected the spirits, making them act very strangely and now for some reason they want to do something completely irrational?" They both look at me stunned, and nod slowly.

Hisui: "H-how?"

You: "I'll explain later, for now, what are they doing this time?"

Hisui: "They are trying to gain their freedom."

You: "What? Like a genie from a lamp?" She looks a little confused at first, but then nods.

Hisui: "Yes, but what they don't know, is that this ceremony, Liberum, it kills them. They will die after 12 days." What? I look at Nol, who looks at me, a very skeptical look on his face.

You: "So, let me make sure I got this. They take this globe somewhere, hold it up, it begins glowing, and then if it glows long enough, they're then freed and die in 12 days?" They both nod, and I slap myself in the face.

Hisui: "What?" I drag my hand over my face, raising a brow.

You: "Guys, come on... The globe glows and they're freed, then just randomly die 12 days later?" They look at each other confused, then nod. Good god, they can't be serious, right? "Guys, it's fake."

Hisui: "What?"

Arcadios: "What do you mean fake?"

You: "There's somebody behind this and they're using the spirits to get what they want. This whole globe freedom ceremony, it's bullshit, it isn't real. It just doesn't add up." Then, I see a door appear. "Now, I think I'm gonna head through that, it looks interesting. I suggest you warn the others it's not real." I walk over through the door.

Nol: "These people haven't been through a ton of fights, have they?" I tilt my head back and forth, thinking about how to phrase this.

You: "Eh, Not really, they have, just not like this. They usually don't fight with a plan, or against somebody with a plan."