chapter 17: trapped (sana)

Tzuyu stood straight, tensed. She'd braced herself for Mr Song to come back in a split second just to take her off guard, but no, nothing happened.

She had one thought, somewhat painful for her, right in the heart.

She had to leave Sana.

She squatted down, her fist hitting the floor until her knuckles had some injuries, bruised. Mr Song I'm gonna destroy you! Then she felt tears dropped on her fist, and she unconsciously loosened her fist.

I have to go back...for Sana. I have to leave...for Sana, and Jihyo, and my parents, and the Parks...

Tzuyu flipped the cover of her stainless steel candy box, took one out and examined it.

If what Mr Song's planning was what I'm thinking now... I might have an alternative to save Sana.

Then Tzuyu tossed the candy into her mouth, feeling the rush of blood into her throat, a gush of determination in her plan.

It's not you who was planning everything, Mr Song.

Tzuyu picked up her backpack, hid her daggers and walked out of her house, back to Sana's apartment.

By the time Tzuyu reached Sana's apartment, her knuckles had already been healed, her face with a smile.

"I'm back!" she said as soon as she closed Sana's door.

Sana took her backpack from her, opening the zip and saw what's inside. "Clothes...bloodpacks! So this is how bloodpacks looked like?"

"It's the same as the way how they kept blood once you donate it." Tzuyu laughed, reaching over to take her bloodpacks. "I'll just put inside your fridge, alright?"

"Sure."

"And no drinking." said Tzuyu.

"Why on earth would I drink that?" Sana rolled her eyes, punching Tzuyu.

Tzuyu laughed. "So you wanna do anything today?"

"Hmm... revision?"

"Oh, come on, it's a Saturday! At least let's have half day off for revision!" Tzuyu had an activity in her mind.

Sana looked at her, smiling. "Says the smart kid."

"I'm not a kid!" Tzuyu pouted.

"You look like one now." Sana laughed. "Alright, what do you have in your mind?"

"Dance practice!"

"You really looked like an excited kid now." Sana mumbled. "Okay, which song do you want? And, mind you, my house wasn't big enough for too much movement."

"Yeah, I know. Let's have... Dance the night away." said Tzuyu.

"So our half day off is the whole day dancing to TWICE's new song?" asked Sana, searching the song through her phone, connecting it to a speaker.

Tzuyu thought for a while, "Not really. We can cook dinner together."

"Yeah, it's almost evening now." Sana agreed, happily started swaying with the rhythm of the dance.

Since it was the first time they practise for this dance, both of them watched the dance practice version, and it was easy for dancers like them to remember the steps.

Not until an hour later they found themselves dancing quite okay to the song, and in the part where Sana and Tzuyu was supposed to dance together as a couple dance, Tzuyu found herself slightly slowing down Sana, bringing themselves for a kiss.