Ruin

'Go home Y/N' he said clenching his jaw while you continued to stand there.

'No' you said furiously, wiping a lone tear off 'No, I won't let you do this'

'I said go home, this has gone on too long'

'Damon no! you don't get to decide these things!'

He just ignored you and poured himself a glass of bourbon, looking steadfastly at the fire.

No.

Hell No.

You were done.

You were done with his bullshit.

You were dome with his denial.

Today was it. You either made it or you didn't.

Walking up to him, you snatched the glass from his hand and threw the contents into the fire.

You expected him to get angry. You wanted him to get angry, you wanted him to react. Shout at you, curse at you. Anything. Anything but stare down dejectedly like he was.

He rubbed his hand over his face tiredly 'Bourbon is expensive you know.'

And that's when you lost it. You fell on his chest, almost hysterical, hitting him repeatedly while your sobs became frantic. This was actually happening. He was going to end it. End everything.

He just stood there, taking it until eventually your cries turned from angry to broken and your body suddenly went limp.

Your eyes were blurry and your hands were shaking when you felt him move. He sank down, with your immobile body following until eventually you were both on the floor. The centuries old vampire and the girl who loved him. Both a mess, a pitiful, broken mess. A mortal girl caused the ruin of the almighty villain and a vampire destroyed the girl who never even believed in the supernatural. The irony was almost laughable.

'Why' you finally whispered, so low if he wasn't a vampire he wouldn't have heard it.

'You know why' he said against your hair.

'No, Damon, I don't know. I don't know why you're ruining us, ruining me. You know what you mean to me, you know how much I love you, and you've made sure I know just how much you love me. Yet, you're throwing everything away'

'Y/N.....'

'No, listen. just listen to me. I. Love. You. I love you so much, it's like my heart can't take it. When I'm with you, I forget everything. Your smile, your eyes, your smell, your touch. Do you know how much your touch burns my skin? Do you know that when you're with me I feel like the world could crash around me and I wouldn't care. Do you-' you didn't realize you were ranting, or the fact that his eyes were slowly coming back to life, full of fire, the way they only get when he's angry, when suddenly his lips were on yours, hard and forceful, almost like he was savoring the taste and the feel of them. The kiss was over as soon as it started when you felt his hands grab your jaw.

'And do you know what it is like for me?! You think this easy for me, that I'm enjoying this? The extent of my love for you borders dangerously on obsession! I love you so much it physically hurts me. I'm a vampire, I'm not accustomed to pain Y/N. Yet being with you is so overwhelming it hurts! Ad not being with you is so torturous it hurts even more.'

'Damon. Then-' you started but he cut you off almost shaking you. 'No, shut up. Stop saying those things, stop looking at me that way! You think I don't know what you'll say, you think I want to refuse you? It's next to impossible for me to refuse you even the smallest of things, imagine what it's like having to say no when the thing you want is also the thing I desire the most in the world?

You wiped the tears that had made its way down his cheek 'then stop. Stop denying me, denying you, denying us'

'I CAN'T!' he shouted, making you jump in his embrace. He smoothened your hair and connected your forehead to his. 'I can't. Don't you see? I can't. I can't be selfish, not with you. Never with you. You're....you. you're full of light and hope. You're, intelligent and brave and fierce and so so beautiful, it hurts to even look at you. You have a long, happy and successful life ahead of you. And I won't let you throw it all away, because you made the mistake of falling in love with the wrong guy, I won't. I can't. I'm the worst mistake you've ever made and I'm done trying to convince myself that I won't ruin you.'

'Damon-'

'No. No, I won't change my mind. I've made my decision'

His words hit you like a ton of bricks. You weren't angry or sad anymore. You were determined. He wanted to be difficult? He's made his decision? Fine. So have you.

____________________________________________________________________________

Ahem.

So.

Its kinda short.

And kinda shitty.

But..........okay, I don't really have an excuse. 

I<3CHOC35

P.s I just opened an Instagram page for writing. Check it out?