Chapter 39

Jungkook turned the corner behind his house, making his way over towards the small park behind it. He and Yoongi would once again meet up but this time they had decided to go to the little ice cream parlor a little further away. No Jimin or Taehyung would be present this time and it would be just the two of them. Just two old buddies getting some ice cream while they would probably speak about their past few days.

With a bright smile on his face Jungkook crossed the street, the wind softly blowing through his hair. Life was good right now, his mind was at peace and his heart felt a lot less heavy than it had felt lately. For once things seemed to go his way and he could only thank the people around him for making that happen.

It didn't take long before Jungkook reached the little shop at the end of the park, the pastel colors indicating perfectly what they sold there. Back in the days he would have skipped this shop because of its exterior but now knowing how good their ice cream was he wouldn't even think about skipping it.

With the bright smile still plastered on his face Jungkook walked inside the parlor, the soft ringing of the bell indicating that a new customer had entered. It didn't take him long before he spotted Yoongi in the back, the elder always being the first to arrive. Jungkook gave his friend a small wave before he walked over to him and took a seat across from Yoongi.

"Hey Yoongs, how's life?" Jungkook spoke immediately while he grabbed the menu next to him. Not that he needed it but still.

Yoongi's eyes shorly scanned the younger, clearly surprised by his happy mood before a soft chuckle left his mouth. "Good to be honest, I guess it's the same for you judging by that smile on your face."

Jungkook nodded instantly while he put the menu away again without really looking at it, chocolate and strawberry with sprinkles like always.

A soft blush crept up on Jungkook's cheeks while he looked away from Yoongi. "I've kissed Tae."

Yoongi's attention instantly turned completely towards Jungkook, a small smirk slowly creeping up on his face. "I told you so. You're too easy to read sometimes dude." A soft laugh emerged from the older boy's mouth. "The moment you said you hated him and you two were just friends it was the most cliche plotline for a romance novel I had ever heard. Guess who fell right for it, mister bad boy Jungkook himself."

The younger's cheeks turned even more red and he avoided all eye contact with Yoongi. "Fuck off, okay. Tae's just different, besides we aren't boyfriends yet we just kissed."

What Jungkook failed to notice were the raised eyebrows on Yoongi's face right now. "Yet?"

As if he was struck by lightning Jungkook looked up at Yoongi, well fuck. "I...."

"Yeah yeah you didn't mean it like that, have you asked him on a date yet?" Yoongi kind of changed the subject to make it all a little less difficult on the younger. After all he was glad Jungkook seemed to have found someone who was actually good for him instead of all his weird one night stands. While Taehyung was far from recovered he seemed honest with Jungkook and he wasn't after Jungkook for sex only, no Taehyung was with Jungkook because he actually liked the younger and Yoongi could do nothing more than support that.

With a soft sigh Jungkook looked back up at Yoongi while he shook his head. "Isn't it a little too soon for that?"

"It's never too soon to go on a date Kook, besides I think Taehyung would love the idea of going somewhere that's not the park or this freaking shop." Yoongi spoke while a young lady asked for their orders not a second later.

Jungkook gave the lady his order before he turned his attention back towards Yoongi. Sure he could take Taehyung somewhere but where the fuck would he take him that Jin would allow. He knew that Taehyung had a wish of going to the zoo but no way Jin would give him permission for that. The park had been the most extreme thing the boy had seen in years, no way Jin would send him off to a zoo with Jungkook out of all people.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Yoongi's voice suddenly spoke, making the younger realize that he had probably been spacing out.

Jungkook's eyes focussed back while a soft sigh left his mouth. "Sorry, I know Tae wants to go to the zoo but no way Jin would allow me to take him."

One of Yoongi's eyebrows lifted a little while he gave Jungkook a questioning look. "Have you asked him or are you assuming this?"

Before Jungkook could answer the lady from before arrived at their table again with their orders, giving the both of them exactly as they had asked while mumbling a soft enjoy your ice cream before she left again.

Without thinking twice about it Jungkook grabbed the spoon in his ice cream and within a second a scoop filled with strawberry ice cream and sprinkles made its way into his mouth. "Oh my god, why is this always so good?"

Yoongi followed the younger's example while mumbling a soft 'you're avoiding the question.'

Jungkook's happy mood instantly dropped a little after that but he knew Yoongi was right. He did avoid the question 'because he knew Yoongi was right and he was making excuses while he didn't even know if they were right. "It's just...what if either of them says no? I do wanna take Tae with me but-"

"Quit the but Kook, just ask them both. There's only one way to find out and you're avoiding it. I'm sure Tae will say yes and if you ask Jin nicely and with good arguments I'm sure he will be down for it too." Yoongu interrupted him while he kept eating his ice cream. "If Tae means more to you than all your one night stands show some balls and make that boy happy."

A soft laugh emerged from Jungkook's mouth, hearing the elder's choice of words but he knew he was right so not long after their meetup Jungkook had indeed decided to go to the hospital in hopes of seeing Jin there.

With a heart that was pounding like a bomb in his chest the ravenette walked towards Jin's office. He had no idea if the elder was even there or had time for him but he decided to take a leap with faith and hoped the odds were in his favor today. It didn't take long before the familiar white door came in sight and not a minute later he had softly knocked on it, a soft come in coming from the other side not a second later.

Jungkook opened the door slowly, his eyes instantly crossing with Jin's. "Hey Jungkook, what can I do for you?"

Jungkook took that as his cue to enter and he made his way fully inside Jin's office while closing the door behind him. "I wanted to ask a favor of you if that's okay."

The elder looked at Jungkook with an unreadable expression while he motioned towards the chair before his office. "And what might that favor be?"

The ravenette walked up to the chair Jin had mentioned and took a seat in it before he turned his vision back on the elder. "Can I take Tae with me to the zoo?"

Silence fell between the two and Jungkook already got his answer just from that. Of course Jin wouldn't agree, this was a fucking stupid idea. Tae wasn't stable enough and he himself wasn't trustworthy enough. He had no idea how to handle a panicked Tae or what to do if he lost the blonde. He should have just gone with a simple tour around town and some food but no Jungkook was Jungkook and it was either go big or go home.

A soft sigh left his mouth while he looked back at Jin. "You know, nevermind this whole idea was stupid and-"

Jungkook never got to finish his last sentence 'cause before he knew it the best words he could hear that day had already left Jin's mouth.

"Bring him home after dinner and you're good to go."

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's your dream date?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.