Part 64 Danger

"So easy to track" - Mortier smirked, watching you pinned to the wall as if there were invisible chains tying you to it.

Unable to move, you glared at him "What do you want from me?"

"Ah, what's the rush, <y/n>?" - Mortier was an older man, his devious grin flashed your fury as he watched you struggle "I've only just found you. Now finally, we are alone. No pets of yours."

"If you're trying to get to the ministry through me you're in bad lu---"

"Hah." - he cut you off "I can deal with them later." - he shook his head "No, my child. For a longer time now I'm after the grand prize." - he took out his wand and pointed it at your throat "And you shall lead me straight to him."

"Who?"

"Foolish bitch." - he frowned "That night we ambushed you, did you not think I'd notice the dark lord lead his army into mine? And for what? To save... you?" - he almost burst out in mocking laughter "He's grown weak. I sense it. We can all sense it. I shall end him and be the only one feared by all."

"Good luck with that" - you were well aware Tom is a lot stronger than Mortier. A lot more powerful. "That's a war you'll never win."

"Sweetheart." - he smiled "With the ministry and death eaters clashing at my throat? You'll be my safe coin for both."

"Bad news. Got kicked out of ministry" - you smirked cheekily "So... I don't think----"

He cut you off "Foolish, foolish girl. I am well aware at the price for your neck at the ministry. News spread fast. Unfortunately, being wanted myself, I cannot give you in like that and simply collect my reward."

"So what are you planning to do with me?"

"Ha." - he smirked "You'll see." - he stepped a bit closer to you, with the tip of his wand, he pushed your hair out of the way from the neck "Where is it."

"Where's what?" - you asked, concerned

"The time travel necklace. Such a valuable jewel, you haven't lost it, have you, child?"

"How do you know?"

"Ha." - he laughed "You seem to have forgotten you're in two places at once, my dear. Have you forgotten about your twin running around at the other side of the world? When I figured it out, I rushed here as fast as I could." - his face turned cold "Now where. Is. It." - he pressed onto your throat with his wand, pressuring it harder and harder.

"You honestly think I would tell you?" - you huffed "More importantly, did you actually think I couldn't free myself off this ridiculous spell? I was curious to see what you wanted" - Swiftly, the wand you had kept in your pocket flew into your hand as you casted a blasting spell at Mortier, throwing him far away from your body, as you freed yourself out of the paralyzing spell. You landed on your feet and smirked at the freshly stood up Mortier "Thank you for being so helpful." - you aimed at him again "Confrigo!" as the blast was a millisecond away from hitting him, he countered it towards you.

With ease, you dissolved the incoming blast "A couple repeating decades and you learn some stuff." - you clenched harder into your wand, rapidly swinging your arm at him, casting one spell after another.

With each step back, he countered it, protecting himself from your spells, until eventually he couldn't and teleported away.

As you watched the empty now alley, you whispered to yourself "Weak coward."

When your mind was at ease, you puzzled through possible scenarios of what to do. You obviously couldn't go back to the ministry and anything to do with death eaters was just a plain bad decision.

Swiftly, with the rest of your power you had left from the wreck of the night, you teleport-ed yourself out of London.

But that was a mistake.

For unknown reasons, either there was a trap or someone had cursed you, but instead of where you wanted to be, you ended up in the dark, forbidden forest.
Barely blooming flowers and patches of green grass grew cold, stiffening in place. The chilling breeze of wind made your body shudder.
Dementors.

One by one, wraith-like creatures gathered and circled around you. Their ghostly figures hovered, approaching you slowly.

"Expecto patronum!" - with the rest of your energy after battling Mortier, you casted a strong, white shield illuminating out from the tip of your wand. It was large enough to cover at least ten of the ghouls surrounding you.

But one thing you noticed, was that the strength in your happy memories grew weaker. When your hand grew shaky and weak, the shield dissolved and one by one of these foul creatures sucked what was any bits of your happiness out of you. It felt like your soul was leaving your body until after torturous minutes you finally passed out as it grew dark inside your head and sight.

Unknown for how long you've been passed out, you managed to wake up, yet elsewhere.

You glared around the dark corners of the four, thin walls closely placed around you, with only one, slightly illuminating window above your head with strong, thick, grey bars. How did you get here?

The place was filled with various sounds of agonies mixed with laughter. The psychotic echoes sprinted from one wall to another. The worst bit was, the place reeked with the stench of death. And there was an extreme, uncanny sense of undescribable miserableness.
Even worse, the place was infested with dementors outside and inside. 

Welcome to Azkaban.