prologue

The first day was always the most difficult.

Today was definitely one of those. It was a day after she learnt of her husband's passing. The plane crash. She sat on the couch, cogitating about the fact her husband is dead. Never to be by her side again. They might have been only married a year, but she missed him terribly, and she wished it all a dream, that he would come back to her arms again.

"Mrs. Kim? His will?"

Jisoo's head snapped up, taking her away from a moment from another set of tears. She didn't get to hear his name, so she just stared. It was her husband's executor for the will he left. They were only 27 years old, and it irked her as to why her husband made a will at such a young age, and without any heirs.

"Ah, yes, his will. I am ready to hear it."

"I, Kim Junmyeon, declare this to be my Will. I direct my executors to pay my funeral expenses. I give all my tangible property and all my proceeds to my unborn child. Along with this, I give him/her all my residences, except for the mansion in New York, where my wife resides in."

Jisoo stopped him. "Wait, I'm not pregnant. How could he leave that to an unborn child?" Jisoo wasn't worried about the money, she had billions of dollars in her bank account. But why leave a fortune to an heir that does not exist?

The executor gulped before answering. "He... has another."

The temperature began to get colder. Jisoo was void of all emotions, but anger. "What."

He continued, "And he requests...umm.. her to stay with you here in New York until the baby is born."