Chapter 67

The next couple of months passed fairly slowly. They were filled with helping my dad recuperate and trying to get through the second part of my senior year.

A couple months after being shot, my dad returned to work as if nothing had happened. He'd made a full recovery and was back to his usual self. Obviously Sue and I were beyond worried about him even as days back turned into weeks and then months of him working again.

The morning of May 11, I was woken up at nine o'clock by my ever-so-caring boyfriend.

"Babe, we have to get dressed so we can go for breakfast," he said, reminding me of our pre-prom plans.

"I'm up," I said, shooing him away.

"I know you are doll," he said, laughing as I cringed at the word doll.

"Q and Emb are going to meet the four of us at the restaurant," Jake said as I threw my hair into a messy bun. I dug through my clothes, settling on a pulling on pair of skinny jeans and my wedding hoodie.

"Sounds good to me," I said, kissing his cheek before heading downstairs to where Seth and Hadley were waiting. Luckily the two of them were juniors so they could go to prom as well.

"Leah, girl," I said, hugging her as she walked in from her patrol. She had once again volunteered to patrol instead of go to the dance.

"Wanna go to breakfast?" I offered again.

"No thank you. I'm going to get some sleep. I've got another midnight patrol tonight," she said.

"Want me to bring you anything?" I offered, again she declined, opting to eat whatever Mom made for lunch or dinner.

"Let's go," Seth said, nearly bouncing off the walls. Hadley giggled at him as he jumped to avoid the steps outside the door.

"Don't get hurt little man," Jake said.

"Oh no, someone else might have to patrol at night," Seth said, faking shock.

Jake's pack had become the main pack when most of Sam's retired. Sam, Paul, and Jared all chose to retire with their imprints, leaving the younger kids with no choice but to pledge their allegiance to Jake. Sam and Emily still let their house be the pack house until Jake and I could move the the Rez in early June. Well, Jake could. Dad doesn't want me moving in with him until we're married even though he practically lives with us anyways.

"What all do we need for tonight?" Hadley asked as Jake drove us toward the restaurant.

"I don't know what y'all need but Allie and I are set," Jake said, smirking at me. He'd gotten us the hunting cabin again, but this time we'd be alone. Hadley's grandma was out of town so the two of them were headed there and Quil and Embry were staying at Embry's place for the night since his mom was visiting his aunt on the Makah reservation.

"Did you pack condoms?" Seth asked.

"Seth, buddy, my pull-out game is too strong to need condoms," Jake responded causing me to glare at him.

"Yeah, well, you aren't getting anywhere near me without one," I responded.

Seth began laughing and I could tell Hadley was blushing like crazy from the comments. Jake just pouted slightly even though he knew it was true. 

"Don't worry babe, I have some," he said softly as he pulled into the parking lot.

"Good, maybe you could give an extra small one to our buddy Seth here," I said, causing Seth to glare at me as Jake started dying of laughter.