Wall

When Springer and I rejoined Levi and the squad in the center of the battlefield, everything was chaos.

Titan corpses littered the ground across the field, but they just seemed to keep coming. For every foe we took down, it seemed there were two more to take its place.

I whipped my blade across the back of one of the titan's necks as we came upon the group and sent it crashing to the ground near Levi, who had just taken down another titan as well. He glanced over at me, blood spattered across his face in light patterns, and ran a hand through his hair, the sweat keeping the dark strands slicked off his forehead even after he dropped his hand.

Damn it all. Why was he always such a distraction?

"Tch. Nice of you to show up finally, (L/N)." He said, his voice flat, as he whipped upward into the air again, swinging wide around another titan as he brought his blade out again, held ready in his hand.

"Yeah, well...." I paused, bringing my sword down on the neck of another titan, and then whipped back around toward him. As I flew past him, headed toward another incoming titan, I said, slightly out of breath, "I had to make sure our damn titan kid was taken care of."

My sword flashed as I brought it down once again, the titan falling to the ground alongside all the other corpses, the warm, red blood spurting upward and covering the front of my uniform.

I landed on the ground beside Miller and Arlert, who were watching each other's backs as they tried to catch their breath. I backed up to them, so we were all facing outward, and then glanced over my shoulder at Miller. "You two alright?"

Sweat shone on her forehead, and her blonde bangs were stuck to her skin with perspiration. She gave me a nod, her bloody blade held weakly in her crimson stained hand. "Yes, Corporal."

Arlert turned his wide, blue eyes to me for a brief instant. "How can they just keep coming?"

I shook my head slightly. "Who knows?" I glanced over the battlefield. Still no sign of the beast titan or Jaeger. I swore under my breath. "Has anyone seen Jaeger yet?" A titan came barreling toward us. "Hold that thought." I shot up into the air, taking it down easily in one, well aimed swing, my sword cutting through its skin as if it were made of paper.

I landed back beside the pair of cadets. Arlert glanced over at me again, worry shining in his eyes. "No one's seen Eren since he drove the beast titan toward the wall."

"Oi, (L/N)!"

I flicked my gaze over to Levi, who landed lightly on the ground several feet away as another downed titan crashed to the ground behind him. He walked toward me, wiping the sweat off of his forehead as he said, "What's the status on Jaeger?"

"No one's seen him, or the abnormal, since they headed toward the wall." I wiped my blades on my cloak again. The gore was too much. It was blocking the sharpness too quickly. I'd have to keep an eye on them and make sure to keep them clean in between hits.

Erwin appeared beside us, his cloak soaked with blood, his face speckled with crimson liquid. He furrowed his brow, his voice stern, and said, "No sign of Jaeger?"

Levi and I both shook our heads. Erwin swore and glanced in the direction of the wall, his face serious. "This doesn't bode well. We'll have to send someone after him. If he's injured...." He trailed off. He didn't need to finish that thought. We all knew what would happen if Jaeger failed.

Levi stepped forward, his eyes dark with determination. "I'll go after him."

I stepped up beside him, meeting Erwin's gaze, and said decidedly, "I'll go too. You gave me the mission to watch out for Jaeger, and that's what I'm going to do."