I. Quills and Thrills

𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘quills and thrillsact i, scene i

𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘
quills and thrills
act i, scene i

𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖘quills and thrillsact i, scene i

           𝑪𝑹𝒀𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑳 𝑲𝑶𝑽𝑨𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑺𝑲𝒀  knew. She knew she was only dating the Malfoy boy because he looked good on the cover. She liked to think of her life as a magazine, or a book, anything that people could judge at first glance, because they would, they did. All of that don't judge a book by its cover blah-de-fucking-bla was bullshit. That saying was made up for bullshitters. She was not a bullshitter. There would never be no judgment at Hogwarts, it anything there was more judgment at the magical school than any other. Crystal Kovalevsky knew she didn't love Draco Malfoy, she loved the attention, she was in a relationship with the popularity, not the boy himself. It only made sense that the two dated.

Okay, so maybe she liked him at first. That was before she'd seen the way he treated the students who weren't born into wizarding families, or when her father had sent her a howler one fateful morning in the middle of the great hall, a howler which would reveal to the entire school how Sergei found Crystal to be a disappointment to the family name, and how Draco told her to get used to it. Not to mention that he had horrible taste in music. She should have known he adored girl groups like TLC and The Spice Girls, it was so Draco of him. How would have known? The rough and tough rich boy preferred to bop out to the. She'd been humming a verse of a David Bowie song in potions the other day, her friends had thought her to be crazy, mumbling things about how she was hearing voices. Crystal was not hearing voices— she was hearing music, which apparently wasn't very prevalent among many wizarding families. To make it plain, they were all a bunch of losers. But they were Crystal's losers.

Sergei and Seraphina Kovalevsky had taught the girl to adore music from the day she was born. Hell, her father seemed to like it more than his own daughter. Numerous times had Crystal been ditched by her parents in order for them to attend Rock concerts. Fucking rock concerts?????? Why couldn't they be a normal wizarding family that did normal wizarding things like go on wizarding trips and eat wizarding food and buy wizarding things in wizarding shops— Crystal loved the word wizarding, maybe not the actual definition— or at LEAST her parents could have brought her along. But no, rock concerts were off limits for the only child, na-da, a restricted zone.  One day she swore she would go, despite what her parents had to say about it!