Epilogue

Disclaimer: The video and the song are both not mine, I just thought that the song would be appropriate with the vibe for this final part of the story, especially the start and the end of the chapter. Enjoy :)

Epilogue

One year later...

I adjusted my dress, making sure that I wasn't showing too much cleavage as my grip tightened on the bouquet in my hand. Oh my God, I can't believe this is happening! I thought to my wolf excitedly.

The dress I had on was a pale pink, almost white and completely made of satin. The top of the sweetheart neckline was trimmed with white, delicate lace, the dress hugging my body down to barely above my knees before flaring out in layers of baby pink and light peach tulle in a mermaid silhouette. My mother's necklace hung from my neck, partly nestled under my hair, that I had chosen to leave down with the other half of it up in an intricate bun.

My heartbeat became erratic as the music began to play, the light sound of the piano keys sounding almost ethereal as it echoed through the church. The doors opened up to reveal the guests, eagerly awaiting the proceedings of the ceremony.

The whole room was decorated in hues of cream, pink and white, the flowers that lined the back of the pews having been arranged to perfection to display a balance of all the colours. The altar stood below a white iron arch intricately covered in a harmonious medley of woven pale peach, pink and white flowers that filled the room with their subtle yet fragrant scent.

I studied the faces in the crowd as I began my journey down the carpeted aisle dusted with delicate petals, the smile on my face more than conveying my excitement. Everyone watched my approach with awestruck faces, some with eyes that shone with tears.

My smile couldn't help but get wider as my gaze met grey eyes. Logan stood at the end of the aisle, his usually unruly hair in its usual state over his eyes. His tall frame looked impeccable in his black suit, his broad shoulders looking even broader in the perfectly tailored garment, much to my approval, my wolf growling in satisfaction. I told her to hush up.

Logan noticed of course, flashing me a devilish smirk as his smouldering gaze ran the length of my body, from my head to toe and back, his eyes flashing to black for a moment before returning to their usual grey, expressing his similar train of thought.

That look of his had me tempted to run the rest of the way as my heart began to race, but I smothered the urge as Ethan flashed us both a warning glare from my mate's side. I smiled sheepishly at him. Sorry. I muttered through the pack bond. As I got to the end of the aisle, I stepped to the side, Sam walking up to stand beside me.

Jen looked beautiful in her white dress, the light material of the skirt flying effortlessly around her legs as she approached her awaiting groom. The top of her dress was a bustier, decorated with a thin layer of off white lace and pearls. My birthday gift to her sat against her pale neck, the sunlight that shone in from the stained glass windows behind us making it glitter against her skin. Her hair was up in an artfully messy yet elegant up-do, her long veil spilling from the top to  the base of her back.

The bouquet in her hands was a carefully arranged mix of white and light pink roses, each flower a specifically chosen shade as to not clash with any part of the ceremony. My eyes began to well up with tears as the ceremony began, the drops making their way down my cheeks as Jen and Darryl recited their vows, my heart aching with happiness.

I clapped with the rest of the crowd as they kissed, overjoyed that my best friend had not only found her mate but would now be bound to him in every way possible.