|Seventeen|

Christel.

Being here has been the most fun part for me. I've been here for over a month and Maddie and I are already inseparable. I know I still have my own issues that I have to deal with but hey at least for the first time I actually have a real friend, not those hypocritical ones from my pack.

Sometimes I really get horrible nightmares and I wake up all sweaty and screaming.

Sally has become like a mom, always comforting me some nights even though the first few days I didn't like it, eventually I let it happen.

Maddie has taken me shopping to one of the malls and it's pretty nice there. This week is when  I am going to shift and I reallly do hope I shift. After all the silver that has been injected into me, I kind of became immune to it and I fear my wolf won't surface anymore. I really hope she does. If she doesn't, I really don't know what i am going to do. It's the only thing I'm hopeful about.

I don't want to be the girl without the wolf. I have been trying to use my powers too. Water is the easiest since it's my strongest. Of course I do this when no one is around. I'm planning to tell Maddie and Sally soon when I know they are not going to run for the hills.

Air isn't bad and it's nearly like water. Fire is harder and finally earth is the hardest. I've been trying to mold soil into rocks and it's futile. I'm clueless on this, just trying things that I think might work. Maybe I can ask for help with all this when I finally tell them both.

"Christel! Christel, come on let's go out!" Maddie screams from the kitchen with so much energy. I lack such enthusiasm. Ihead to the kitchen and greet Sally who is taking breakfast.

"Where are we going to Maddie?" I ask not really happy about it all. I would love to stay home and watch TV instead of going out.

"We are heading to the beach!" She screams excitement radiating off of her in huge waves.

"Ugh...must I go? I really don't want to." I groan banging my head on the table dramatically causing Sally to burst into fits of giggles.

"Go with her dear. You've been stuck here for a week, you should explore the place." Sally convinces me and I groan once again.

"Okay fine! Whatever." I whine and Maddie jumps up and down like a three year old. This is so not gonna end well.

We head to the beach and the sight is amazing! The feeling of the sand between my feet is amazing. Many people jumping into the water and enjoying themselves. Maddie goes ahead and jumps into the water. I can't because I'm still kind of weak and the thought of getting close to water scares me because I'm sure the memories of what happened will surface and I might end up drowning for real this time.

I watch her with a smile as she jumps in and out of the water and swimming further into the water. It's kind of fun to watch.

I wish life could always be this enjoyable, living by the beach and having fun.

In the few days I've been here I've learnt that Maddie is really a sweet girl,whose life is full of laughter and happiness.

She doesn't treat me differently and it's nice to be treated like a normal human being for once in my life.

After our fun day, more like Maddie's fun day, we head home where we ate dinner since it was already late when we got home.  After watching a couple of movies, I went  to bed feeling more exhausted than usual. I lay on my comfy bed snuggling deeper into my comforter and within minutes, darkness consumes me.

*******

I don't know what exactly woke me up but when I did, my body was dripping with sweat. My pillow and sheets were all drenched in sweat. I try to stand up, only my feet can't support my weight and I nearly fall.