Chapter 23

Sidney

Daniel's wolf was fast but then again so was mine, however he had the advantage of being on his own turf and knowing the land here better than I did. I still kept close on his heels despite that little advantage, my smaller size gave me speed and I was more agile than most wolves, letting me dodge and weave through the forest at surprising speed. Still his longer strides started to give him more and more of a lead so I started coming up with a plan a bit more logical than the full on chase he was giving me.

 I let it seem like I was falling back before I cut to the left out of his sight, keeping pace as I ran as soundlessly as possible. It wasn't long before I saw his pace start to slow as he glanced behind him, I took the opportunity to surge ahead. "Too fast for you huh, wolf girl?!" I heard his taunting link ring through my mind as he looked behind him and kept jogging ahead, bad move on his part. "There is always more than one solution to a problem." I linked back smugly, barely sensing his confusion as I made my move. 

"You should really watch where you're going." I hummed tauntingly as I lept directly into his path, he only had time to yelp at my sudden appearance as his momentum propelled him into colliding with me. I used the collision to roll him onto his back with a soft growl as I pinned him to the ground. "Got you. You might be fast Danny boy, but I'm fast and smart." I linked as I gently cuffed his muzzle with my teeth and he submitted easily to my wolf's great delight.

 I released my hold on his muzzle and brushed my scent across his scruff by rubbing my head against him gently, receiving a low rumble from him. I still had him pinned beneath me but now he had his gaze pinned on me as his eyes grew darker, I resisted the urge to scent the air as my wolf tried to instinctively react to the playful males invitation. I was fairly relieved when I heard the others finally catching up as they entered the small clearing we'd ended up in. I reluctantly allowed Daniel back on his feet as I took a few steps away to eye the others, I had been wondering how long it would take for them to catch up.

                                                  Daniel

I had to admit Sidney was certainly impressive, I'd guess she was the only wolf I knew that could keep up with me in a full on sprint. I certainly hadn't been expecting her to get in front of me like she had, hence the reason for our embarrassing little tumble through the grass. To have her pin me so easily was startling but even more so was my wolf's joy and excitement to obey her after our little chase, he seemed to approve of her even more now then before. I might have expected the asking submission since she was an alpha but what I was NOT expecting was to have her brush her scent against me like a pleased little kitten because I obeyed her.

 I didn't know what to think but my wolf certainly knew what he thought, he liked it, way too much. I was fighting to stay in control of his wanting to mark her back when Bowen and the others ran in, I received more than a few looks as she let me back up. "What happened?" Micah linked out as he stared me down before sending a look to the she wolf. "I won." She linked back proudly as she curled her tail under her and sat down with her head held high. "That's debatable, lucky little b*******." The scoff was linked at me as my brother Jason glared at me as much as he could in wolf form.

 "Hey, it's not like I was asking her to rub all over me!" I defended through the pack link, they chose to ignore me and let it drop. "Hope you didn't run yourself out little wolf, the night's only just beginning." Simon linked as he nudged Sidney gently with his nose, she wasn't even out of breath. "I think you boys still don't understand, I'm far faster and stronger than you realize, I dare you to test my stamina." Her link was delivered with a playful challenge as her eyes sparked with excitement.