T W O

{edited}

Chapter 2
Alison

•••••••••••••

                     "I HONESTLY CAN'T WAIT to get drunk and celebrate tonight!" She whoops earning strange looks from people a good feet away from us.

I chuckle and shake my head. I might be excited for tonight but not that excited. I have single handedly experienced hangover and let me tell you after that I promised myself to never drink again. So far so good.

We walk to where Mary is standing with her large camera. I secretly laugh remembering how she annoyed parents earlier on.

"Hey girls, mind posing for me? I need to remember this day forever." She states.

Penny and I pose together for a handful of pictures until she decides to go and check on her parents. Now it's only Mary and I, but as soon as I look at her, I see a look of distress.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask her.

She sighs. "Babushka, your parents just asked for you."

I groan and roll my eyes. Yes, I wanted them to be here to at least show me that they care for me but I don't want to be in the same room as them. "What do they want?"

A look flashes her eyes before she speaks again but doesn't answer. "Just go and see them."

I look at her a little wary but I don't get a chance to figure out what's wrong with her as Penny walks back. But she too notices the change in the atmosphere between us.

"What happened?" She asks with curiosity.

I sigh once again. "My parents want to see me."

"Well shit." She mumbles causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah, shit indeed." I say. Mary narrows her eyes at us for our bad language causing us to both apologize.

"I would really like to go with you for moral support but my parents want to celebrate. I can tell them th-" I cut her off.

"No no, you can go Penny, it's cool, whatever they want probably isn't bad."

Oh how wrong was I.

••••

Mary parks her truck at the large driveway by the fountain and garage. We both get out the car and drag our feet to the main doors as though we came back from the funeral.

We enter the house and Mary turns to me. "I'm going to change out of these clothes while you go and talk to them. I'll be in my room when you're done." She gives me a tight sad smile.

Why? I have no idea.

I nod and let my legs lead the way. I already know why they would be, they're office that is decorated in mostly brown. Probably father's choice.

I knock thrice waiting for a response. They always scolded at me whenever I waltz in without their knowledge. I didn't know why until one day I saw them doing the dirt. Til this day I can't get that image out.

I hear a faint 'come in' before opening the oak door. Sitting at the brown office couch are my parents while mother drinks champagne and father drinks his favourite scotch.

Mother is the first to acknowledge me and send me one of her Botox smile, but father doesn't even look up from his drink.

"Hey, here you are. Come in and sit down." She gestures at the chair opposite to them.