Prolouge

Blayke Rose Parker spent her summer days reading to the youth in Camden, Maine where she was born and raised. Nothing ever changed for her. Her parents moved to California when she was 20 years old, she was too attached to the old town so she took on odd jobs to pay for a small house near a beautiful hidden creek.

Currently she was setting up to read to the young kids. This week was her favorite, Dr. Seuss week. She always enjoyed this week because all the kids would come in, filled with imagination and excitement for The Cat in The Hat—obviously the most iconic book there was.

Harry was in the library with Emma Reese, trying to find a book that he needed for his work. He was a Doctor at a nearby clinic, but nobody would ever guess that. He had just been transferred here from a much larger city.

As Harry walked through the plethora of book shelves, his four year old wandered off to where the children's section was. In the middle, Blayke was sitting in a chair with her many books scattered around her and children on either side of her. Emma Reese pulled out a chair, sitting down with a smile.

"Well hello, you're new" Blayke smiled at the young girl with vibrant green eyes, something Emma Reese inherited from her father who was still obliviously searching for a book. "What's your name?"

"Emma Reese Styles," she smiled widely and looked around the table.

"Well hello, Emma Reese Styles. It's very nice to have you here, we are gonna read a book, if you would like to join us," the small girl smiled widely and nodded, her favorite thing to do was listen to someone reading to her, especially her father.

As the book finished, Harry had found his far more uninteresting book and was scurrying around the library to find his baby girl. She never wandered off like this. As he neared the corner of the library he saw a bunch of kids leaving with their parents and made a beeline for the section, maybe Emma Reese wanted to make new friends.

He pulled at his hair slightly, a habit he inherited during his time at college. Once he saw her, he then looked up at the woman who was smiling at him.

Blayke was shocked. The man standing in front of her had her at a loss for words. "Daddy, look I made a friend. This is Blayke. She read to all the other kids and me."

Blayke smiled, extending her hand to shake Harry's. He obliged and after pulling his hand away he picked his daughter up.

"Nice to meet you, um we uh- have story time every-" Blayke paused. She never had seen a man that made her lose her focus "week on Wednesday."

Harry had no idea what to say, so he just nodded. He had never seen a woman that made him lose his focus.