Chapter 11 | A Weekend Getaway

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒    𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Warm, summer breeze flows through the open car window, dancing through my blonde locks as the L.A sun kisses my skin. Trees blur as we pass by, traveling down the barren road ahead of us as we head away from the city and towards the mountain areas that California offers. The clear blue sky is easily seen over the mountains, and a smile graces my lips, something you wouldn't see in New York. Music softly rings through the radio. A cheesy pop song filling the silence as the four of us in the car enjoy the scenery.

My eyes flicker over to the driver's seat where Noah sits. Sunglasses coating his eyes to block out the sun as he taps his hands along with the music against the steering wheel and his head bops along to the music. His brown hair being blown by the winds in different directions, making me chuckle. His eyes connect with mine as he hears my chuckle, and I motion to his crazy hair. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, making it worse than before, and sends a wink my way.

Shaking my head, I turn my attention back to the window, my eyes focusing on the rear-view mirror. Hannah sits texting on her phone while Dylan continues to poke her to get her attention, but she keeps slapping his hand away. I knew we should have split them up and put one of them in the other car. But then again, Dylan can cheer anyone up and so far, Hannah seems to be enjoying herself. No matter how annoying she finds him, and I know he's actually taking her mind off the breakup.

Ignorance is bliss.

In my case, literally. Noah and I have been ignoring our almost kiss that happened. Thankfully, there has been no awkward tension, in fact we're acting no different towards each other.

Am I attracted to him? Yes.

Did I want to kiss him? Yes.

Do I want to take the risk of dating an athlete and telling him I like him when I know he doesn't do relationships? No.

"Noah, change the music channel. This song is shit," Dylan whines, reaching over between the seats to touch the radio, but Noah swats his hand away.

"Hey! I love this song, sit your ass back down," Hannah pulls him back down into the seat, as he screams and falls. "I'd rather be riding in the couple car right about now. I swear to god if I hear you say one more time how much longer I will throw you out of this moving car."

"Ava, switch seats with me," Dylan insists, eyes wide as he pops his head around my seat and I shake my head. "She's your friend, well I call dibs on the room I was in last time."

"Dude, you can't call dibs when the girls haven't seen the place," Noah reminds him and Dylan pouts, making Hannah stick her tongue out. "Why does it feel like we're married and they're our kids?"

"Where's my ring?" I hold my hand out, wiggling my fingers and he shakes his head, chuckling. "How much further to go?"

"Haha, I didn't ask this time!" Dylan shouts to Hannah, who rolls her eyes.

"Not too far. My parents never wanted it to be too far away, we were all fussy kids, and no one can stand being in the car too long with the terrible twins. Kind of know how it feels again," Noah mumbles making me giggle, but the other two don't catch it.

"I had to babysit them one time. Never again, I almost went crazy," Dylan admits.

"The mistake was letting you babysit in the first place, why would you let him?" Hannah questions.

"He's a big kid. Thought he'd fit right in," Noah shrugs and Dylan slaps his arm. "Dude, I'm driving!"

"What's the cabin and the area like?" Hannah questions, leaning forward.