Chapter three

ALEX    POV 

I know my mother loves my father more than anything. I just hate seeing my mother in so much pain. I'm trying to be my mother's rock at the moment and also make sure my sisters and my little brother are alright.

I'm meeting with my grandfather Zayne and my uncle Dayne to find out if the search and rescue have anything. I hope my father is safe, I miss him just as much as my mother.

"Alex, how's your mother?" My grandfather asks me.

"She's not too bad, but she can't cope with the loss," I say and close my eyes for a second.

"Alex, your mother is very strong. She will find a way to deal with it, just like she did when you were born," Granddad says and smiles.

"Mum's been through so much over the years," I say and sit down with my grandfather and uncle Dayne ready for this meeting.

"She most certainly as. But she never stopped loving your father," My grandfather smiles and sits down with me.

"Alex, we are always here if you need us," My uncle Dayne says and pats me on the shoulder. My grandfather and my uncle Dayne are very strong-minded men and I know my mother can be strong-minded and determined at times.

I love spending all my spare time with my granddad and my uncle Dayne, they are actually twins. A lot of people don't know that they are, but they are not identical.

**********

The meeting started and I was overwhelmed with what was going on and with what they were saying.

"We can only look for six weeks and then after that, we have to call the search off," The guy in charge says.

I didn't know what to say, and my grandfather was asking all sorts of questions. I was just a complete blank with what he said.

"So, the last time you heard anything from his plane was a distress call?" My grandfather asks.

"That is correct. We have been looking around the last known location of the plane, but we still haven't found anything or any sign of the plane. I'm sorry but we just don't know the whereabouts of the plane. We can't locate the black box or any distress signal," The guy says with remorse.

"I don't want to sound rude, but we have more than enough money to keep the rescue going," I say, knowing that my mother would spend every pound she had to find my father.

"You are welcome to hire your own rescue team and pay them, but our protocol is that we stop after six weeks, this goes for any search and rescue," The guy says and places his hands on the table. I can't go back to my mother and tell her that they are stopping the search in four weeks It would most certainly push her over the edge.

"Could you please give us something, either another rescue team that we could hire when you finish or some contacts numbers, just something," Granddad says pleading with the guy?

"I will do that and give them all the information they need, and I will still work closely with them," The guy says.

We all shake hands and walk out of the building.

"Granddad, I can't tell mum, what he just said," I say as we all get in the limo.

"Alex, we will hire a rescue crew. We just got to be careful what we say around your mother. God knows that she hasn't taken your father's disappearance well at all. And if she hears this it will most definitely sender her over the cliff and I for one can't stand watching my little girl go through this. I know she's your mother and you are my grandson, but your mother is my whole world. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have everything back to normal," My grandfather says with so much love in his voice.