Chapter 1

Clouds are beautiful.
They may look like shapeless blobs at first, but once you look closer they can be in the shapes of many things. Scientists say they're like that because of water, but I think a much stronger force is doing that.
Clouds are like people.
Someone you meet for the first time can be boring and dull at first, but when you get to know them, their personality becomes their face. And then they become one of the most beautiful creatures on earth to you.

***
"Excuse me! Can I sit with you?"
I look to my side and I see a pretty girl, dressed in a pink skirt and a Garfield shirt.
I shrug my shoulders "Sure." I reply.
The girl bounces down next to me. She looks up and laughs, pointing at a cloud.
"Hey, look! That cloud looks like a flower!"
I look up at the cloud she was pointing at, but I couldn't see the shape of a flower.
"Doesn't look like one to me...."
The girl smiles and tells me to look closer. I squint my eyes at the sky, and I start to see the shape of a stem. The curl of the leaves. The soft, fragile petals of the flower. Before I knew it, I was reaching my hand for the cloud.
The girl next to me giggles at my action, and I feel my face go red and I look away. "You're kinda funny!" She extends her hand towards me and grins. "I'm Emily! What's your name?"
I take her hand and shake it. "I'm (Y/N)"
"(Y/N)... that's a great name! I have a feeling we'll be best friends!" Emily says. I smile at my new friend.
***

And that's how I met Emily 10 years ago. We had so much in common and we always had a great time with each other. We were always happy when we around each other and nothing could take away our happiness.

Or so I thought.....
****
As me and Emily walked to English, I noticed a poster on the notice board.
"Hey, Emily. Look at this."
She turns to see the poster I was looking at:

A party will be held in a weeks' time, at 10 pm, in the clearing of the Evergreen forest near school. The theme for this party is disguise. So get creative and wear the best mask the world has seen! A competition will be held for who has the best one. Make sure it covers your whole face. See U there!

I look at the poster again, but oddly enough, there wasn't the name of the person who was hosting it. It seemed pretty suspicious to me. Emily on the other hand, was totally hyped for the idea.
"We have to go (Y/N)!! It will be so cool!"
I turn to Emily and give her a disapproving look. "But it's in the middle in the forest. At NIGHT. Don't you think that's a little suspicious?"
Emily stares at me blankly. "Hmm..... No?"
"Whatever. Let's just get to class first, before we're late." I shrug, checking the time.

Throughout English, Emily was speeding through all the ideas for the mask she wanted to wear for the party. I just roll my eyes and draw on a piece of paper I had hid underneath my book. I drew a picture of a tall boy in a yellow jacket with brown hair. I couldn't decide what to do for the face, so I just drew a white mask with black eyes and mouth. As I admired my drawing, something about it made me frown. Just the way I'd drawn it had reminded me of something I'd thought I'd seen before. But I couldn't remember what.....
As I thought to myself, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I look to my right to see a boy point at my drawing.
"That's really good. You should be an artist when you grow up." He whispered to me.
I smile in return "thanks!"
"Umm.. I'm Tim by the way. You're (Y/N)... right?"
I nod in approval and he grins. He looks into my eyes, and I feel my face burn with embarrassment as he stares at me. The boy next to Tim prods him, irritated.
"Tim! Stop flirting and pay attention! You're gonna get caught!" The boy whisper shouted.
Tim turned to him, his face slightly red. "I'm not flirting, Brian! I'm just complimenting her on her drawing!"
Brian glared back at Tim "Well, compliment her later!"
Tim huffs, imitating Brian, making me giggle. Brian must've saw this, as he proceeded to kick Tim's leg.
"OW!"
The teacher whipped around and glared at Tim. "Is there something wrong, Tim?"
"Brian kicked my leg really hard!" But when Tim looked over at him, Brian was concentrating on doing the work. The teacher gave Tim a look of suspicion, before returning to the board.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"
Tim calls after me, grinning. I stop walking and turn around to face him.
"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school?"
My eyes widened when Tim asked me. No boy or anybody (apart from Emily) had ever asked if I could hang with them before. But Tim was. Except the way he had asked me, made me feel like he was asking me on a date or something. Maybe he just talks like that?
"Sure, we can hang." I reply.
"Yes!" Tim cries, punching the air. I laugh at his reaction, and behind him, Brian does too.
"You guys going on a date after school?" Brian smirks.
Tim rolls his eyes and whispers to me to ignore Brian. "He's just jealous that he can't have cute friends like you."
I blush at that statement "Cute? You talking about me?"
Tim looks at me like I hadn't heard him or something. "Well, yeah."
"I am not cute. At all. Inside or out." I say.
Tim smiles. "I'll prove you wrong."
"How?"
Tim puts a finger to his lips, gesturing that it was a secret. "You'll find out."
At that precise moment of preciseness, Emily runs up to me but then immediately notices Tim and Brian.
"(Y/N)... since when do you have friends who are boys?"
Emily then grins mischievously and whispers to me "Do you have a crush on one of them?"
I feel my face go red and I gave Emily a punch in the shoulder. I grab her sleeve and pull her away from Tim and Brian. I look back at Tim whilst dragging my friend out the door and say to him,
"See you after school!"
I couldn't be sure, but as I walked out with Emily, I felt that Tim was smiling when I had said that.