Chapter 50

Dedicated to KhalessiStorm2233 because it was her birthday yesterday and she is the sweetest person ever and a joy to talk to! Happy Birthday, love! 💗  

"Cassandra?"

"Shhh."

"Why are you shushing me? And why do you have Alpha Alrik's soul? I hope you're not–"

The Moon Goddess raised her head to eye her mate in slight annoyance, "I'm not doing anything, my love. I'm waiting."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Waiting for what?"

"For Jaslynn to mark Alrik."

"And you're watching?" He asked, horrified at the thought of intruding on such a private moment. 

The Moon Goddess snorted in amusement, "You insult my morals. I didn't have an audience when I marked you, why don't they deserve the same respect?"

He sat beside her and cocked his head at the glowing white sphere, "So you are watching his soul because?"

"Have you never seen what happens to a wolf's soul when they are fully mated?"

She smiled and lifted the box up carefully to rest it in her lap, "Then watch closely. This is a monumental moment in his life."

He raised his eyebrows and stared at the luminescent ball curiously, waiting for it to grow bigger or for little fireworks to burst out of it as a celebration of the Alpha's completed mating.

However, none of that happened.

Instead, a small, shimmering line of gold shot of the sphere and whirled around the circumference like a mini equator. And as soon as that line was drawn, several glistening streams of gold began to burst out of the sphere and whizz around the surface from all angles, weaving a lattice around the Alpha's soul.

And when the cords of gold settled, all that remained was a glittering net that covered his soul, adding onto the light it emitted and nearly blinding the eyes of those who stared too long.

The smile that grew on the Moon Goddess's face was just as blinding as she traced the little net with her fingertips. Her mate, on the other hand, was squinting as the brightness burned his eyes, "What do the golden lines signify? That he is trapped?"

"That he has been captured, that his heart has been captured," The Moon Goddess explained, "And the woman who captured him gives him more strength than he ever had."

Her mate nodded, although he was a little confused, "We already knew that."

"But this makes it official," she pointed out with excitement, "His soul will be entwined with hers for eternity, no matter life or death."

"Just like us," he murmured, pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

She smiled, "Just like us."

"