Chapter 34- Keefe

After Della left the room to go get Alden, everyone stared at each other before we all just started to totally freak out. 

"WE ARE HAVING WINNOWING GALAS?!!!!" Sophie shrieked, grabbing at her hair. "I was not ready for this! I don't want to have a Winnowing Gala this early! Why can it not wait until like, I don't know? Like NEVER!?"

Biana squealed happily and danced around the room. "I can't believe we are all having our WInnowing Galas so close together!" she said happily. "I cannot wait to pick out my dress, ooh and probably Linh's dress, and most definitely Sophie's dress and maybe Marella's dress-" 

Marella held up a hand in the stop sign position, while still casually holding a slice of pie in the other. "Stop. Wait a minute. I can pick my own dress, that fits my style, and my liking, not somebody else's preferences!" 

"You go, girl!" Linh said, pumping her fist in the air. 

Marella was like, really bold. And, really, really expressive of her own opinion and what she wants. So, you couldn't exactly blame me for being really surprised and unsure of how the whole Dex and Marella thing was going to work out. 

Biana stuck out her bottom lip. "But I know all the latest trends!" she protested. "Please Marella? PLEASE?!!!" 

Marella shook her head. "I know that you won't be able to find one that I like, so you should just stop trying." 

"Well, I bet that I can find on that you like!" Biana retorted. 

"Is that a BET!?" I asked, springing up onto the table. 

"KEEFE!!" Fitz and Biana screamed at the same time. "GET OFF THE TABLE!" 

"Why?" I asked, shrugging. 

"Well," Sophie said, sliding into the chair that previously belonged to me. "One, your left foot is literally stuck inside the starkflower stew, so nobody can eat that now, and two, YOU ARE ON A TABLE! KEEFE SENCEN GET OFF THE TABLE!!!" 

"And also," Fitz added, breathing in and out extremely hard. "Mom will be REALLY, really MAD and you do not want to see my Mom mad!" 

"Della is already used to me jumping on her tables," I replied with a shrug. "And, your Mom is always super nice to me, so what is the worst that could happen?" 

Fitz slid back into his chair, mumbling on how I was so going to get it, not realizing that it wasn't his chair and he just sat on poor Dex who was trying to calmly enjoy some of those weird sour green balls that he seemed to like. 

"Why is this chair so squishy-why are you guys laughing?" Fitz asked, looking around confused while wiggling his butt around, right on Dex's face. 

And, because everyone had noticed except Fitz, we were all laughing. Even Tam was laughing and I swear, he nearly ever laughs. 

We all waited until the moment Fitz was going to realize. Then, it came. 

"AHH!!!!!!!!" Fitz yelled, jumping off of his seat, revealing a rather squished Dex. Sophie and Linh tried to hold back their laughs as they went over to him and tried to relieve him from the rather disturbing moment. 

"Why didn't you guys tell me!?" Fitz exclaimed. "I feel, I feel, like diseased!" 

"You feel diseased?!" Dex asked him, a horrified look on his face. "I should be the one feeling diseased! I literally just got sitten on!" 

I started laughing because the look on Dex's face was so funny that I could not even help it. I rolled onto the table, hysterically laughing. 

I heard a loud crash, then a loud thump, and then a loud scream. I stopped rolling and glanced up. 

There was Tam, sitting in his chair, looking extremely mad at me, shattered plates and cups all around him. He probably had a good reason why. There were stew and fruit and many different other types of food splattered all over him which was totally ruining his black clothes. 

Got to admit, it was funny. 

"Seriously Keefe?" Tam growled as Linh rushed over to help her twin clean off the mess that was his body. It wasn't helping, because the rag just smeared the food around on his clothes even more. 

"Okay," Linh said, glancing around. "Because rags and other cleaning tools don't work, we have to battle this food another way." 

"Battle the food?" Biana asked. "That sounds like, I don't know a war!" 

Biana jumped up onto her chair and struck a ninja pose. "In the world of food, there was a war." 

"The largest war the food world had ever seen!" Sophie added. 

"It was the battle..." Marella said, jumping onto her chair with the rest of them. 

"OF THE FOOD!!!" they yelled together in perfect sync, jumping off their chairs. That was pretty much the only part they got right. 

Somehow, Marella had jumped way too low and crashed onto the ground next to Linh. Sophie had jumped the right height, but right on top of Marella and collapsed onto her. Linh, who was shocked by the sudden impact, released a bunch of water that she had prepared to throw onto Tam to clean him, which sent Biana rocketing up to the ceiling and her cape accidentally somehow caught on the chandelier in the room. 

We all gulped and glanced up at Biana who was swinging precariously from the chandelier. 

"Guys!?" she called. "A little help!?" 

"I got you!" Tam said, leaping out of the water. "I'll use telekinesis to get you down!" 

"You are so going to need some help," I said, jumping up too. "I'll help! I have better footwork!" 

"And I have more energy!" Tam shot back. "When you, Linh and Sophie were fixing the dome at Atlantis and all collapsed, I was the one who levitated all of you back to Everglen! Thinking about it know, I probably should have left you there!" 

"Stop arguing and just get my sister down from the chandelier!" Fitz said. 

"Okay, one, two, three, pull!" Tam said. 

I threw my foot forward and let my energy go. 

"STOP!" Biana shrieked. "STOP, STOP, STOP!!!" 

"What?!" Tam said, panicked as we stopped. 

"My cape! It's ripping!" 

"That's what is supposed to happen!" Dex called up to her. "When it rips, we can catch you!"

"I don't want it to rip!" Biana cried back. "It's my favorite cape!" 

"Get a different cape!" Fitz said. "Keefe! Tam, pull her down!" 

"NO!!!" Biana said. "PLEASE NO!!!" 

Tam didn't pull, I could tell because it was harder to get Biana down, but eventually, her cape ripped and she started falling. 

Tam caught her using telekinesis and brought her down, keeping her safe from the food stains and the broken glass all over the ground. 

And that is when Della decided to come in to get us ready for the shopping trip in Atlantis. 

I guess you can guess that she wasn't happy about the room. 

At all.