Flirting With Death

based on this

based on this. I posted this earlier but it was chaelisa so it didn't do a whole lot well heh 😅 so I'm just converting this into chaennie for y'all since that's what you're for. enjoy!!!

***

Just one more for tonight. Thought Rosé as she flew through the clouds to her next destination.

Even though she was physically incapable of feeling tired, she was mentally exhausted from all the souls she took in such a short amount of time. That day was a particularly busy day, it being Halloween and all.

Stupid humans. Can't they just go one single day without dying. How hard could it be?

She lowered herself down into a deserted alley, waiting for her victim to come her way.

After approximately 2 minutes, a man walks into the alley, staggering and cursing, obviously drunk.

Once he got close enough, Rosé steps out of the shadows, putting herself in the man's line of vision.

"What the--" He managed to say before falling onto the ground in a lifeless heap.

Usually, Rosé would let her victims feel disoriented and confused and make them squirm for a bit in her divine presence before finally ridding them of their life. But on days like these, she just couldn't bother with all the theatrics.

Rosé sighed and looked up at the sky, using her super senses to double check whether this was really the last soul for the day. Once she was sure, she let out her wings and readied herself for take off. But she froze mid crouch as she heard a loud gasp of exclamation from right behind her.

"Holy fuck!"

Rosé turned around to see a young, petite and extremely pretty girl standing there, hand on heart, eyes wide and mouth comically hung open.

Oh, bother.

Due to the need to get the day's work finished as quickly as possible, it slipped Rosé's mind to make sure there would be no witnesses when she did her job.

She started raising her hand to erase the girl's memory when she spoke up again.

"You.... you're...."

Curious to see what this human girl had to say about all she had seen, Rosé waited for her to continue.

"You're so fucking gorgeous!"

This was definitely the last thing Rosé could have expected.

"E-excuse me??" She said after a few seconds of shell-shocked silence.