4

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 4. Preparations

  The day of the sacrifice, Annikah stood in Alaric's apartment

The day of the sacrifice, Annikah stood in Alaric's apartment. She was relieved that it was finally time to break the curse. She had spent over a thousand years trying to break it with Klaus. Now, after ten centuries, she was finally going to help him break it so that he could become a true hybrid, just as she was. The only difference was that she was half witch and half werewolf while he would be half vampire and half werewolf.

Annikah held the moonstone in her hand. She walked around the island in the kitchen, eying the white rock that had bee  ripped from her hands five hundred years before. She had been the one carrying it when Katherine stole it from her. It was the reason she had been in the woods in the first place. To find it before Klaus could get angry with her.

Klaus was angry with Annikah when he found out she had been the one who Katherine stole it from, but immediately forgave her when he found her buried in the woods. She had gone through all of that torture just to get the moonstone back for him. It meant a lot to Klaus, that she was that loyal to him.

Elijah called it blind loyalty, but everyone else knew what it truly was. Klaus and Annikah knew as well, but never dared to say it out loud because they knew it was the same reason for Klaus' "blind loyalty" to Annikah.

Annikah caressed the smooth texture of the moonstone with her hand, not even realizing that Klaus was walking over to her. He walked up to her and stopped when he was standing behind her. He placed his right hand on her waist and Annikah tilted her head upwards to look him in the eye.

Klaus smiled at her, their faces just inches apart as he used his other hand to grasp the hand she was using to hold the moonstone, "I can't say I've missed this," She commented, turning her head to look at the stone they were both holding instead of at Klaus.

Klaus immediately snapped out of his thoughts. He cleared his throat, looking away from Annikah and at the moonstone instead, "Why's that?"He asked her curiously, his tone calm, just as Annikah's was.

Her back was still pressed against his chest, but Klaus quickly removed his hand from her waist in fear of her making a comment about it, "It has brought us nothing but bad luck these past five centuries." She responded and Klaus quietly laughed at her.

"Not all bad luck," He reminded her with a small smile on his face.

Annikah playfully rolled her eyes at him and nodded her head, "Perhaps not all bad." She responded. agreeing with Klaus.

_____

That day, outside Mystic Falls hospital, Annikah approached Caroline and Tyler, who were on the verge on walking their separate ways.

She outstretched her hand in a claw pointed toward the duo. Caroline held her head and screamed in agony alongside Tyler. Maddox and Greta approached Annikah, standing beside her.