Arthur Morgan and John Marston: Torn

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader X John Marston

Summary: Both Arthur and John are in love with the reader.

Word Count: 2200

You have been very close to Arthur and John for a very long time now. You joined the gang when Dutch and Hosea found you, which was only a few weeks after they found John. You were even John's age so you basically grew up together in the Van der Linge gang, Arthur was like a role model to both of you. The three of you grew up close and stayed close throughout your adulthood.

-----

ARTHUR

Arthur watched you as he lost himself in thought, all he could wonder to himself was: how did you and John go from annoying kids to his best friend and the woman that he was in love with?

Arthur could remember that you used to get so flustered when he complimented you. He knew that you had a pretty big crush on him at some point but at the time it only amused him, even if he did have some feelings for you. To this day, Arthur regrets not doing something about it. But he could still remember how you would blush and stumble over your words when you spoke to him, you are so adorable.

Arthur could also remember that when you had gotten old enough, he had given you your first beer. When everyone else had gone to sleep, you both drank the night away. You got drunk really quick since it was your fist time drinking, and that made Arthur feel a little guilty but now he looks back on it fondly. That night he practically carried you to your bed and left you with a quick kiss on your forehead, earning a drunken giggle from you.

JOHN

John watched you and smiled fondly to himself. You had both joined the gang around the same time and had been close friends since the beginning. He couldn't remember when exactly he fell in love with you but he did and he had fallen hard.

John could remember one particular moment from your teenage years, and he definitely thought about it fondly despite it being so long ago. Neither of you had ever told any other member of the gang about it but you had both kisses. Actually, you were each other's first kiss. You were the only people of the same age that you knew so some people might say that it was bound to happen at some point. His only regret was that nothing ever came of that kiss, you never even started dating.

YOU

You glanced up and smiled to yourself when you saw Arthur and John sitting together, both of them seeming lost in their own thoughts. You couldn't help but smile when you saw them both, you meant the world to you.

Those were the two men that you had been in love with for so long, the two men that you could never choose between.

Arthur is older than you and John so when you were younger he was a role model to both of you, he was like the cool older neighbour or something, the one that smoked and drank beer. Y'know...cause that's cool? He was allowed to go on jobs alone while you both had to stay at the camp. Arthur was (and is) incredibly handsome and kind despite his tough demeanour, you knew that he had a heart of gold, especially when it came to you.

As you and John grew up, the pair of you got closer and closer. He was the only person your age that you knew so it would make some sort of sense that you developed a crush on him. He was even your first kiss. You were both about 16 and you had both wandered away from the camp, John had kissed you and you had happily kissed him back. But nothing ever came of it, a relationship never started.

Those two crushes just never went away. New gang members came and went, you met plenty of knew people but Arthur and John were the only men for you. Those crushes only grew and became even more to you.