$ T W E N T Y • F I V E $

Maybe
~
March 26th, 2019
New York, New York
Twelfth Week Pregnant

Vera's P.O.V.

4:12 pm.

       I invited Norah and Luca to brunch near a local secluded restaurant since they're in town for the next few weeks. I called Aleksander as well because I didn't want Xavier to be there all alone with the adults.

It was pleasant to see Aleksander and Xavier getting along pretty well. They became close in such a short amount of time. I really admire their friendship.

Lilly, Xavier, Aleksander and I were standing outside while we were waiting for Norah and Luca. They always seemed to be the ones who arrived late. I glanced at Xavier who's cheeks were reddened at something Aleksander said. I punched Aleksander's shoulder lightly. "Hey, stop embarrassing him."

"You heard what he said?" Xavier asked immediately, avoiding eye contact with me.

My eyebrows furrowed and shook my head as I wore a confused smile. His body instantly relaxed. I ignore the small reaction and assumed they were talking about teenager things. "I don't think that I want to know, anyway," I added amusingly before walking towards Norah who appeared to be walking in our direction.

"Good morning." She greeted before Luca catches up with her.

"Or afternoon." Luca corrected. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to kiss his cheek.

Lilly teasingly gagged. "Anyway, love birds, I have a plan to go to a place this weekend for Xavier since we just had a dinner for him. You guys are free or what? I rented it all out." I explained eagerly.

Luca looked over at Norah and nodded. She nodded along with him. "Yeah. What's the plan-"

"Heyo, sexy ladies!" Aleksander interjected as he strode here confidentially then wrapping his arm around Lilly's shoulders. She rolled her eyes before flicking him hard on his forehead.

"Agh! That hurt." He muttered as he rubbed his forehead and all of us snickered.

"That's what you get for interrupting." Lilly dryly replied.

I crossed my arms. "What happened to the new and improved Aleksander?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

He pursed his lips before looking at Lilly who paid no attention to him. "He's retiring." He says dreamingly towards Lilly.

I chuckle before paying my undivided attention towards Norah and Luca. "Ready to go eat now?"

We all agreed and walked into the restaurant. We took our seats in the back of the restaurant for privacy. The waiter handed us our menus a few moments later. After quickly ordering our drinks for starters, we all began to fall into our own conversation.

"Guess what?" Norah said.

"What?" Lilly asked.

Norah and Luca looked at each other with a big smile on their face. Their eyes twinkled with excitement. She threw her left hand towards our face. A big fat shiny diamond ring sat on her ring finger. My jaw dropped as Lilly squealed.