5

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 5. The Sacrifice

    At Steven's Quarry, it was still dark and Annikah walked with Greta over to where Elena knelt next Jenna on the ground

    At Steven's Quarry, it was still dark and Annikah walked with Greta over to where Elena knelt next Jenna on the ground.  She should have felt bad for giving Klaus the idea of turning Jenna and using her for the ritual, seeing as she had gotten close to everyone close to Elena since arriving in Mystic Falls several months before, but she didn't. She knew it had to be done. She also knew that she would never choose them over Klaus, unlike Rebekah, who had attempted to choose Stefan over her and Klaus in the 20s.

"I'm a vampire?" They heard Jenna ask, causing Annikah to smile mischievously.

"Yes, and I assume you're hungry," Annikah spoke up, causing Elena to turn to look at her.

Elena frowned, noticing that Annikah was staring at something in front of her. She noticed that she was walking toward a sharp rock on the ground and tried to beat her to it, which was the stupidest thing she could do.

Elena rushed toward the shock, but with the wave of her hand, Annikah sent her flying several feet away. Elena screamed out as she did so, hitting the ground with a thud, "Bad idea, Elena," Annikah spoke up, laughing in amusement, "Did you truly believe that that would work?"

With a wave of her hand again, a circle of fire formed around Elena, stopping her from leaving. Elena tried to get through the ring of fire, only to find it to be a boundary spell as well.

"Don't bother trying to get through," Greta spoke up with an attitude, "She spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do."

"Greta...Ann..." Elena trailed off, giving both witches pleading eyes, "Please, just--just let her go."

Both females ignored Elena and Annikah picked the sharp rock off the ground. She didn't even flinch as she sliced her wrist open with the rock, causing Elena to give her a horrified look. Blood dripped from her wound and Jenna immediately looked at it, hungrily, "I chose her for Klaus," Annikah informed Elena, who didn't seem to be hearing a word she was saying.

"No," Elena argued, shaking her head.

Annikah moved closer to Jenna, holding her wrist to the woman, "Drink now." She demanded and Elena was quick to try to stop her.

"Jenna, don't!" Elena begged her aunt, tears welled in her eyes.

"I can't," Jenna argued, looking down at the wound on Annikah's wrist as she panted for breath.

"Let her go," Elena demanded before turning to look at Jenna, "Hey!"

Jenna continued to stare at Annikah's bloody wrist. Annika moved it closer to Jenna, knowing she wouldn't be able to fight it, "I'm healing. Hurry before you lose your chance," Annikah informed Jenna, who noticed the way the wound was slowly healing.