Chapter Six: Ruari

We made our way back to the pack house silently. After I told Ciaran what he wanted to hear I pulled on my shirt and walked away. I felt him follow with the others. And as I move closer to the pack house, I felt more wolves surrounding us. They tried to mask their presence but I could still sense them.

I stopped a few meters away from the house and waited for Ciaran to lead the way. He walked beside me and everyone bowed their heads as we entered. No one looked me in the eyes or even dared to look up as we strode past. I guess entering the pack house with the alpha draws this kind of reaction.

He led me to the familiar stairs that leads to the upper floors. We walked to the end of the corridor and turned towards the stairs that would lead to the attic area.

Every room we passed through is as I remembered it. I was the only pack member living in the attic so I know this part of the house fairly well. The other omegas were granted smaller rooms on the lower floor near the kitchens but I was only allowed a room here away from everyone's view. My old room was small, almost cell-like, that was too hot to sleep in during the summer months and freezing cold during winter. But it was mine and I liked the privacy it provided not the isolation it represented. Those days I was just glad to have a roof over my head.

I was surprised when Ciaran opened the double doors that weren't there before. It led to a renovated hallway. The used to be attic now looked like a set of rooms connected together to make an apartment. There were three rooms aside from a living area connected to a modern kitchenette.

Ciaran opened the door to one of the rooms and ushered me inside. It was a spacious room. I can tell from the view out the huge floor to ceiling windows that this was where my old room used to be. It was decorated in a mix of dark wood and cream-colored paint. There was a king sized bed on the center of the room, a desk on one side, one of the walls was lined with shelves filled with books, a walk in closet and a private bathroom. This room doesn't resemble my old one, far from it. This is a room fit for an alpha!

"I didn't know what kind of decoration or furniture you like so I had it made like mine," Ciaran said from the doorway. "If there's anything you don't like or you want to replace just tell me and I'd get it done right away."

I looked at him confused. "What am I doing here?"

"This is your room. Mine is through that door." He pointed to what I guess is the adjoining door connecting our rooms. "The room at the end of the hall is my office. The kitchenette has almost everything on it so you wouldn't have to worry about going downstairs if you don't want to. The living room has a full set of entertainment system. But if you want to use any of the facilities downstairs you're free to do so."

I'm glad he took into account that I might not want to mingle with the same people who shunned me most of my life but I'm still confused as to why he's giving me a room from what looks like the alpha's private apartment.

"You can go wherever you want around the pack lands. The forest is safe for now but please don't go there alone, always have one or two wolves with you. Everyone would always be free to accompany you. But if you want to go somewhere within the city tell me so I can personally accompany you."

"Stop!" I cried cutting him off. I pinched the bridge of my nose and close my eyes because this situation is starting to give me a headache. "What am I doing here Ciaran? You're talking as if I'm going to live here."

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Because you are."

I looked at him horrified at the thought before clenching my fists to keep myself from throttling him.

"The hell I will!"

He seemed unfazed by my outburst. He walked further into the room and closed the door with a definite click behind him.